Intakes on the bottom of case?

Roach

Limp Gawd
Well after messing with my computer for the last few days, I noticed that the rear fan are always blowing out cold air. The PSU is the only only remotely removing the hot air coming out of the case, I figured this is because the PSU has 2 fans one on the bottom that sucks air into the unit and one in the back that gets rid of it so....

Seeing that my case sits off the floor by about 1/2 - 2/3 of an inch I might be able to mount (2) 120mm fans on the bottom of the case and then (2) 120mm fans on the top of the case. Thinking that heat is always rising this would completely remove all air that might currently be trapped and more then likely replace the case air with brand new air every 20 seconds or so. :D

Now the questions I have are, should I close all other openings on the case such as rear outtakes, and intakes? Also is (4) 120mm fans to much? I figured that to control the noise I would have to install a rheobus so this thing wouldn't start hovering while I'm not around.

Comments, suggestions?

Only issue i can really see with having a fan in the bottom would be the flow... if you have air coming in from bottom and front... itd cross and make it just swirl around more then likely.

Id leave the ones in front and back.. but add one to the top...they help immensly.. just remember not to set anything on top your compy lol

Back