Insurgency Mod out SOON!

Abyss of Borg said:
Someone I know said it was just America's Army:Source. But I don't know I'll give it a try.
Regardless of what "someone" said, I can tell you from experience that it plays nothing like AA. AA is just full of technical frustrations in the gameplay mechanics, and Ins is more user friendly and fluid.

Is this a multiplayer mod only? That's the only way I can play. I purchased the Source Multiplayer Pack, which includes HL2: DM, CS:S, and DOD:S.

TheOmniscientCreator said:
Is this a multiplayer mod only? That's the only way I can play. I purchased the Source Multiplayer Pack, which includes HL2: DM, CS:S, and DOD:S.

yes you will be able to play.

Looks very professional. Looking forward to playing it. Hopefully the gameplay is a bit different to the usual CS or BF2 kinda thing.

I have NO idea where people draw the idea of BF2 similarities. I can tell you that this game is nothing like CS, BF2, or AA. It stands on its own.

appears to look pretty damn good n polished

keep me posted :) i definatly wanna give this a whirl for those times where im just fedup with the bf2 bs ;)

If by out soon you mean someday, and by out soon you mean getting rid of the forums and abandoning the community that was established on them then yes, soon. Great job team!

Volume said:
I have NO idea where people draw the idea of BF2 similarities. I can tell you that this game is nothing like CS, BF2, or AA. It stands on its own.

The squad commanding feature and the global stats doesn't remind you of BF2?

Believe me I hate BF2, and I am looking forward to this.

Looks very good. I just hope it's realistic like AA is. I loved AA but stopped playing because of lag issues. Will keep an eye on this.

JustinSane said:
The squad commanding feature and the global stats doesn't remind you of BF2?

Believe me I hate BF2, and I am looking forward to this.

Well, those arn't exactly exclusive on BF2 either, there were things before that had those before BF2, and there will be more after.

You gave my hopes up, when I was at the main forum page the only part of the thread title was "Insurgency Mod out". :(

Eagle156 said:
You gave my hopes up, when I was at the main forum page the only part of the thread title was "Insurgency Mod out". :(

We lost pretty much everything I believe when the server that was hosting it went poop. Including the forums and I think they are only up for testers/devs at the moment. Look for stuff soon, hopefully.

Triath said:
Well, those arn't exactly exclusive on BF2 either, there were things before that had those before BF2, and there will be more after.

Well we could analyze the shit outta this or just say its got some features from BF2 on the source engine? Which is easier to type?

IMO I think it'd be more comparable to Red Orchestra then AA/CS/BF2 :D.

Some of the dev's that are on the team are ex Ro developers (Jeremy, etc).

I've been waiting for it for a while, can't wait to give it a go.

JustinSane said:
Well we could analyze the shit outta this or just say its got some features from BF2 on the source engine? Which is easier to type?

How about just not analyzing shit and just take the mod for what it is instead of trying to compare it with other games like BF2, or group it with other games. INS is INS, it has many features from abroad stuck into one mod.

Looks good, I like the BF2 setting but felt the infantry combat was somewhat unresponsive and disconnected compared to other FPS out there. This mod could be just what I like.

Triath said:
How about just not analyzing shit and just take the mod for what it is instead of trying to compare it with other games like BF2, or group it with other games. INS is INS, it has many features from abroad stuck into one mod.

lol. deal. so let me rephrase my first post.

JustinSane said:
I can't wait to try this. Looks like a BF2 element to the source engine.

I can't wait to try this. I really like the idea of squad commanding and global ranking features being brought to the source engine. Features that have been seen in many other games that I wish source had from the beginning.

Damn that was alot longer to type then "Looks like a BF2 element to the source engine." Thanks for correcting me. lol

we have a date yet on the release or preload??

is this going to be on steam or is this going to be like Digital Paintball, 3rd party??

jackbauer said:
we have a date yet on the release or preload??

is this going to be on steam or is this going to be like Digital Paintball, 3rd party??

Unlike DPB it will be installed "into" Steam, DPB doesn't have one because Kuja is a lazy bastard.

As for release date, can't say ;)

Triath said:
Unlike DPB it will be installed "into" Steam, DPB doesn't have one because Kuja is a lazy bastard.

As for release date, can't say ;)

now you are the bastard!!!! :D

It'll be released sooner than you guys think. I'm a beta tester aswell ("Homes" on INS), and I can vouch for the other guys that it will truley be kickass.

Carv said:
It'll be released sooner than you guys think. I'm a beta tester aswell ("Homes" on INS), and I can vouch for the other guys that it will truley be kickass.

Oh you sneaky bastard. :D

do you beta testers know if INS has that type of long range sound effect thing that DOD has? where long range shots sound more like they are really far away. although in DOD it seems like the effect happens too close

Yes, I believe that is part of the engine itself. However we can tweak it to our liking.

Hopefully it's a good release, I just sincerely hope they don't skimp out on the details and features that would make it unique in order to push it out the door on a specific date.

Does INS distinguish between the speed of light and sound? For example if you see a gun fired from a long distance, would you see the muzzle flash before hearing the sound?

No teaser videos even? Thats evil =(

I've been keeping an eye on this mod since BF2 came out and I have to say, this has some potential to be "the DoD of HL2" (what I ment was, if anyone remembers Day of Defeat way back in the Half-Life 1 days, it was rather..."different" from the time Counter-Strike was popular)

RoffleCopter said:
Does INS distinguish between the speed of light and sound? For example if you see a gun fired from a long distance, would you see the muzzle flash before hearing the sound?

No.

Umi.Ryuuzaki said:
No teaser videos even? thats evil =(

There was supposed to be a TrackIR movie released right after the GDC, but when it was time to make the announcment Argyll decided it would be awesome to go chase girls instead. Which is understandable, except he kept promising the community it would be released, then like a month later they said screw the video and released more posed screenshots. I would look for a trailer in a few weeks before release.

Triath said:
There was supposed to be a TrackIR movie released right after the GDC, but when it was time to make the announcment Argyll decided it would be awesome to go chase girls instead. Which is understandable, except he kept promising the community it would be released, then like a month later they said screw the video and released more posed screenshots. I would look for a trailer in a few weeks before release.
TrackIR? What would that do for this game? Surely it wouldn't be used to aim... I've heard it's great for flight sims for looking around but I can't see it being useful in an fps (I don't have one though so I could be wrong).

Back