instant message

Rahh

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not but I'll go ahead and give it a shot. I want to setup an instant messenger program for my company like AIM but only for my company. I would like to setup something so that they can go to our website and logon to our IM and be able to talk to each other within our company. If possible, I would also like for our customer base to be able to login and get help if they need it. We have a database of our customers and could manually enter them into the program and as we get new ones add them as we go.

Can this sort of thing be done? What would I need to do this and do you think my web host would support something like this?

Any ideas would be great, thanks!

how ironic, im doing near enough the same things but for a degre project hehe :) i asked the same questions like u from another site who just told me to piss off and research yourself...

basicly you need 2 decide what interface you will use, what language and otehr requirements. after that you wil know what to do. nothings impossible mate, you can build anything

google is your friend.

In short, it's an open IM protocol with open servers & open clients.

Back