Instant Capture

AnotherUser

Limp Gawd
What I'm needing is a camera (not webcam, looking for higher quality) that is compatible with a piece of software that allows a user to snap a picture and have it instantly uploaded to the PC. The picture could be captured using the trigger on the camera and or from the PC.

What I'm trying to get away from is taking a picture, or two or three, then plugging into the PC, copying the files over, then unplugging going back to taking pictures. I just want to snap and save.

I know the Canon DSLR series support this but I'm trying to spend in the $150 range per camera.

Any ideas or input?

Last edited:
I had not, great idea, I will look into this.

Still looking for alternate solutions while I research, if anyone has any.

Thanks

Last edited:
I saw those at Microcenter and it was one of those technologies that just blew my mind. To put a NAND chip, controller and wifi into something the size of a SD card AND get enough power for all of it. Amazing.

There are Canon DSLRs with wifi capabilities to upload directly to your phone or ipad, computer etc now. For instance, the Canon 6D yet that is expensive. You may try to look at a lower model like a t3i yet I'm unsure if it has wifi.

Back