Instant Background Uploader for OS X

shurcooL

[H]ard|Gawd
If anyone's interested, I've made a version of my tiny no fuss utility to quickly upload images from your Clipboard to ImageShack for OS X.

imagegf.png

It works great in combination with the Ctrl+Shift+Cmd+4 shortcut (copy Selected Area of screen to Clipboard).

Download it from http://www.cse.yorku.ca/~shuryork/

I was just passing by the Apple forum as I am still having a hard time trying to figuring what tablet I would like to get. I saw this thread and just wanted to reply...

thanks for sharing.:)

Not a problem. I'm only happy if anyone else finds it as useful as I do. :D

Would be cool if you could turn it into a Finder service. Also, letting people configure custom FTP/SFTP destinations would be awesome.

I'm not sure what a Finder service is... Do you mean integrated into Finder, so you can right click on files and an extra option "Upload to ImageShack" appears, or something else entirely?

Thanks for your suggestion, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea... I'm trying to keep IBU simple and follow the principle of "do one thing, but do it well."

The main goal of IBU is to let the user take something on his screen (or a part of it) and as quickly/easily convert to a URL of the uploaded image that can be shared on the internet, over chat, in irc, posted on forums, etc. It serves to upload anonymous "on the spot" images from your clipboard.

If you're seeking to organize the pictures somewhere on your FTP server, have a folder structure, etc. then you're probably better off using a dedicated FTP client, as far as I can tell.

Back