installing xp pro over vista

nyczxplizit

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone. I have a hp dv9500t laptop that came with vista home premium. however, I don't really like vista and want to use xp pro instead. Has anyone ever installed xp pro over vista on this specific laptop? Should there be any driver/bios/chipset issues? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Is that a Santa Rosa chipset? I have a Dell D830 with the same chipset, and its hard to find the Intel sata drivers you need to be able to load XP. I think that's your biggest problem.

How do I find out if it's the Santa Rosa chipset? What should I do if it is? What if it's not?

I am currently doing this for a customer and the drivers are proving to be the challenging aspect of it. I'm downgrading a Toshiba A215-3474 I believe the model is. I am having to visit their website and wing the drivers.

Also note, there is a small article on this covered in the November issue of Maximum PC page 16.

So basically I won't be able to do it? I want to sell this laptop but if nobody wants to buy it then I will have to deal with vista :(

You can, but as other said, it can be a royal pain to find compatible XP drivers for a lappy that came with Vista.

Back