Installing windows...on this computer. Grr help!

incomudro

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok problem is I goto install windows on this computer, boot to cd ect go through set up, computer will restart in 15 seconds and will continue at same point. So it restarts and boots right to cd again....so I figured id disable cd drive as a boot device... if i do this it says Boot disc failure ect. If i put the windows disc back in same thing wants to go through set up again. Im really lost here.

Hardware is:

Shuttle SN25P
X600 PCIe
1gb OCZ
120 wd ide
AMD 3200 s939
CD-RW/DVD combo drive

Cliff notes: windows is in a constant install cycle. never finishes.

i had the same problem installing windows on my sata raptor drive. . Make sure the drive you are installing on is the first HDD on your boot list (in advanced boot settings), install and after it reboots just let it do its thing, dont touch anything, and it should then boot off the cd and finish the installation

Do have any other additional hardware plugged in? If so take it out... use only 1 stick of memory (if it happens still try swapping the memory stick), no sound card, ect... also try disabling any onboard stuff thats not necessary at the install, (Ethernet, Audio, USB, Firewire, ect) you can install everything else after you get the OS to actually work, and have the mobo drivers installed with the OS...

from my experience bad OS install's are indicative of three things, hardware that conflicts, a bad OS cd, or bad memory. There can be other things also but those are the most common...

I had this problem before and i went into the BIOS and disabled "APIC function" or something like that. I have no clue why it worked but it took me hours to figure it out. hope it helps.

is windows supposed to restart at this point..? or is it sort of a random thing..? if it's random - test your memory with memtest86.

Firecrotch said:
I had this problem before and i went into the BIOS and disabled "APIC function" or something like that. I have no clue why it worked but it took me hours to figure it out. hope it helps.
Havent tryed this yet but I will when I get time. Ill let you know how it works out.

I got this shuttle used no manual :) And didnt have this problem the 1st time around installing on an other drive.

Back