Installing Windows MBP

Bennyb

2[H]4U
So, I am attempting to install windows on my MBP but I have hit somewhat of a roadblock.

I have the Upgrade version of windows, and I used nlite to make a slipstreamed version with SP2, but when I go to install it is still requiring me to show another version of windows to the computer. I have a legit version of windows 95 that I keep with my windows XP cd for this reason, but unfortunately you cannot eject cds during the installation...

So what can I do?

I've never had any luck installing the Upgrade version of WindowsXP on a Mac.

I don't think you can. You must use a full install version and not upgrade one.

If you must, I heard you can attach an external drive to the computer and place a copy of Windows 98 or 2K, then it will work. I've been trying for a while (tried almost everything besides that since I don't have an external drive) and nothing has worked so far.

You might be able to also slipstream Windows 95 into the XP disc and it MIGHT work that way. Haven't tried that.

If you must, I heard you can attach an external drive to the computer and place a copy of Windows 98 or 2K, then it will work. I've been trying for a while (tried almost everything besides that since I don't have an external drive) and nothing has worked so far.

You might be able to also slipstream Windows 95 into the XP disc and it MIGHT work that way. Haven't tried that.

Well funny thing, I remembered my roommate left his usb dvd burner here and I hooked it up and sure enough it worked. I am currently on my macbook pro running windows.

Back