Installing Win7 on a 960evo - "no signed device drivers" found on USB stick - help?

Jedibeeftrix

Limp Gawd
Hi there,

As per the title:
I have the samsung NVME driver on a USB stick, the Win7 installer can see the stick and the other driver subfolders on the stick (nvme driver on root).
But, the installer finds nothing on the stick on a scan, and displays no driver on a manual search, and recognises no drivers if i simply point it at the stick an accept.

I simply get a error message from the "Load Driver" popup:
"No signed device drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK."
USB drive is formatted as vFAT (32?).
Tried both EUFI and normal boot from DVD drive.

Suggestions?

the Bios in my MSI X99 SLI Plus m/b doesn't seem to have any config gotchas, and it it pretty up to date.

Having put my old sata boot drive with Win7 back in, and leaving the 960evo installed, i tried to install the nvme driver from Windows.
But the driver errored, saying there was no drive installed.
Should I be worried about the drive?

The clue may be in the error message. Windows expects 64-bit drivers to be signed and will refuse to install them. To get round this you need to press F7 at startup. Or press F8 and select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement

hmmm, but i haven't yet installed Win7 to reach startup.

i'm using the install process to add a driver to support a storage medium the disk does not naurally support, much as pre-SP2 XP needed when being installed to a sata disk.

the Bios in my MSI X99 SLI Plus m/b doesn't seem to have any config gotchas, and it it pretty up to date.
pretty up to date is not the same as up to date. make sure you have the latest bios installed as the driver/ssd requires a uefi 2.3 compatible bios.

Hmmm, interesting.

Which one is the F6 driver?
And how has this chap created it when Samsung don't seem to bother themselves?

On Bios 1.9, everything after that is just improved memory support and Broadwell-E compatibility.

ok that's mostly up to date. did your drive come out after that bios version though? I still think you should bring it all the way up to date as they don't always list everything they update on that little chart on the website.
idk how he got those f6 drivers, maybe the software package can create them or he dug through to extract them. but I d/l'd the newest 64bit one and it is clean and looks totally legit. might as well try it.

Hmmm, interesting.

Which one is the F6 driver?
And how has this chap created it when Samsung don't seem to bother themselves?

On Bios 1.9, everything after that is just improved memory support and Broadwell-E compatibility.
For Windows 7 the 64-bit one is "64bit Samsung NVMe drivers v2.2.0.1703 WHQL for Win7 x64.rar"

Good question how the person found out which files were needed. Maybe they looked in the Device Manager at the driver details.

thanks, all. those files worked a treat.

win7 installed fine on my 960evo once i pointed the installer at those files on a usb stick.

now up and running with a m.2 nvme boot drive (256GB) and a a sata ssd games/apps drive (1024GB).

happy days, give me a Vega and a 34" HDR ultrawide and i'm done!

Back