Installing Win10 on a older PC, do I still install Win7 Mobo drivers though ?

Subzerok11

Gawd
So my Asus P8P67/2500K are still working good, so I want to upgrade to Win10. Anyway I checked the Asus website for drivers for Win 10 for my board.

Under the Win10 section there are new drivers but only for Audio/LAN nothing else.

The question is if Asus only has the updated AUDIO/LAN drivers for Win10 does that mean I don't need to install the older Win7 drivers like the chipset etc... and just let Windows update take care of the rest ?

Last edited:
I'm almost certain that the drivers would be included with the Win 10 install.

okay, so just install the two Wins 10 drivers that are on the Asus website first, then let Windows update to care of the rest then ?

Wait until somebody else chimes in, but I would just install Win 10, then take care of any driver issues. Clean install, right?

okay, so just install the two Wins 10 drivers that are on the Asus website first, then let Windows update to care of the rest then ?

No. Install windows 10 then see if you even need ANY drivers when it is done.

I would install those Audio and LAN drivers from the ASUS site after Windows 10 does its thing. Then I would install the Nvidia drivers From their site since the Windows ones wont have all the goodies and control panel in it.

Hey. I was hoping somebody else would agree or disagree with me, just in case your hardware situation raised any flags with anybody. Oh well. Here's why I think just installing Win 10 will be fine: I have an old X58 system with a Xeon CPU, a normal clean install of W10 worked flawlessly as far as all device drivers and such. Your P8P67 is much newer than my stuff, I doubt seriously that you will have any problems. Save the ASUS Audio/LAN drivers before committing, just in case.

No. Install windows 10 then see if you even need ANY drivers when it is done.

I would install those Audio and LAN drivers from the ASUS site after Windows 10 does its thing. Then I would install the Nvidia drivers From their site since the Windows ones wont have all the goodies and control panel in it.

You would think I would need to install the LAN driver before windows update, I'll need LAN driver to even connect to the internet, won't I ?

Was thinking,
Why would Asus create two new and only these two drivers for Win10, I'm thinking it's important for me to install these two first then connect to the internet and let windows update fill in the gaps.

Last edited:
Basically, install W10 and then open up the Device Manager and see if you have any unsupported devices. You could download the ASUS drivers in advance just in case the Device Manager says your network devices are not supported. But in the end, let the Device Manager be your guide since that's what its there for.

Exactly what dwd999 said. Which is pretty much exactly what I said, LOL. You will be just fine.

This is the oldest machine I have 10 on, installed just fine.
It's an old Gigabyte 775 board from 2006 or so.

matrox-device-manager.jpg

Back