Installing Vista problem...Drivers not found

Pretzel

Limp Gawd
I'm doing a clean install Vista RC2 on my secondary computer. However it keeps telling me at the begining of installation that "no device drivers were found". How do I load the drivers for Vista during installation?

No device drivers for what? This could end up being the second entry into "The Most Ambiguous Topic of 2007" contest... :D

If it can't find your hard drive before installation, you'll need to copy the appropriate drivers to a CD, floppy or USB flash drive and re-run setup. If it's a RAID, good luck. :p

You're going to need to be a lot more specific if you want any help. Copy down the message next time and post it exactly.

His sig says he's got 1 Raptor for a system drive, and I damned well know Vista has a ton of SATA support, especially for Intel-chipset based mobos, so that can't be the issue - at least it shouldn't.

But then again, he is using RC2... beta... even at that late stage of development, it's still a beta OS.

Hrmmpphh...

The raptor is on my primary.. the vista is for my secondary system composed of:

AMD 64 3200
ECS KV2 Lite
Seagate 160GB IDE
Chaintech 6800 SE
Corsair pc-3200 1GB
Antec 400w

It says Where do you want to install Windows?

No drives were found. Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation.

**currently downloading and trying to install Mobo drivers***

Must be some weird IDE chipset on that board then. SiS, VIA, ATI, Nvidia? What's the chipset on that ECS motherboard?

And do you or don't you have the proper IDE controller drivers from the ECS website, just to ask?

Bleh... VIA. Figures...

Ok, it says it's got SATA support sooo... is it possible the specific IDE channel the hard drive is attached to isn't functional? The info you provided said it's an IDE hard drive sooo...

I have that same motherboard on another system. :cool: I haven't tried to install Vista on it yet. It uses the VIA K8T800 Pro chipset (VT8237R south bridge).

Edit: I read a thread on viaarena where a user had a similar problem. The last post was that he updated the BIOS and it worked.

I have the most updated bios, I downloaded the drivers for the mobo and tried them. However, it still says "no device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers."

*edit: I'm pretty sure my HD is dead

I have that same motherboard on another system. :cool: I haven't tried to install Vista on it yet. It uses the VIA K8T800 Pro chipset (VT8237R south bridge).

Edit: I read a thread on viaarena where a user had a similar problem. The last post was that he updated the BIOS and it worked.

Well, I have a working HD drive (WD 250gb 16mb SATA) and still get the same problem. I downloaded the drivers for this chipset Mobo and it still tells me drivers are not found when I try to install them from CD. I'm wondering if it's even possible to install Vista on this Mobo. I don't want to use my other Mobo because it's PCI-E and I'd have to get another video card as my old one is AGP.

I'm getting a SATA drive tomorrow for another system with the same ECS KV2 Lite motherboard that you have. Maybe I'll install Vista on it to see if I get the same problem as you're having.

I'm getting a SATA drive tomorrow for another system with the same ECS KV2 Lite motherboard that you have. Maybe I'll install Vista on it to see if I get the same problem as you're having.

That'd be great, let me know how it goes for you.

Back