Installing two Nvidia cards

ss88

Weaksauce
Have a system (with onboard Intel graphics disabled) where I am going to remove the AMD card and install two Nvidia NVS 510 cards. What is the best practice for the install? Install one card, install driver, then install second card and reinstall driver? Or install both cards, and install driver (once?)?

If you had an AMD card in there before, you'll probably want to use DDU to remove the old AMD graphics driver first, but there's no practical reason to install the cards one at a time as far as I know, unless you suspect that one may be defective.

I just run the AMD uninstaller and then install the NV cards. I've done this many times both ways and never had problems.

I just run the AMD uninstaller and then install the NV cards. I've done this many times both ways and never had problems.
DDU is just an extra "make sure" step, I've done both, had good luck both ways.

Thanks for the tip about DDU. I used that and it worked well.

I've only ever used one graphics card prior to this, and in multiple PC's over the years, when using one card, the BIOS has an option on whether to enable/disable the onboard graphics (Intel). Interestingly, after installing the two NVS 510 cards, that option is no longer available in BIOS. Not that I would want to enable onboard graphics; just thought it was interesting.

Back