Installing paracord cable on a ASUS ROG Chakram Core

Opus131

Limp Gawd
Segway to my thread about replacable switches, which i seem to have answered on my own (it appears only Asus makes them) i think i'd like to give this one a try, rather than the more expensive wireles models.

The problem is that the Core has a crapy, rigid braided cable, which would be annoying as crap coming from a wireless mouse. Would it be possible to replace the cable with a Paracord one?

Segway to my thread about replacable switches, which i seem to have answered on my own (it appears only Asus makes them) i think i'd like to give this one a try, rather than the more expensive wireles models.

The problem is that the Core has a crapy, rigid braided cable, which would be annoying as crap coming from a wireless mouse. Would it be possible to replace the cable with a Paracord one?
Why not just go for the Non Core variant? The cost and time it would take to attempt to mod the Core version with a better cord... It would probably just be easier to buy the more expensive mouse that already comes with a wireless option.
https://smile.amazon.com/ASUS-ROG-C...1&keywords=asus+chakram&qid=1628579933&sr=8-1

The core goes for 70 euros where i live, while the non-core goes for 160. That's not a small difference.

I'm also afraid the battery won't last long. I think the ROG Spatha had that issue. They sell battery replacements on aliexpress so maybe it's not a big deal but it's still annoying.

Guess rather than modding a paracord i could try a bungie first. Never used one of those things, might just do the trick.

You may find you actually like that the cord is rigid with a bungee, as it may be easier to shape the cord and keep it off the pad as a result. Either way, it's overall a positive to have one.

I'd suggest looking into the Pulsar Micro Bungee, Esports Tiger Lunar Dial, Zowie Camade V2, Razer V2 (or V3). Whatever's cheapest and works for your setup, all are decent options.

I'd recommend at least attempting a bungee before you do a permanent, potentially complicated modification for your mouse.

Of course, you could be way more adept at soldering and stuff than I am.

Back