Installing 2003 server 64 bits?

Satamax

Limp Gawd
Hi guys.

I can't seem to be able to make this computer start to do a fresh server 2003 64 bits install. It doesn't boot on the CD. All bios options that i know are set so it should find my CD drive and the scsi hard drives. I've tried most things, like installing from another computer onto the scsi drive i wanted it to go on. Didn't work. But the other comp was not 64 bits. So it seems it's not possible. I'm bit lost now.

Any idea? Copying direct from the CD to the HD? It's a dualy opteron 250, 4gb of ram, more than 500gb of HD. 2 200gb ide and 2 73 10k scsi. Parhelia grafic card. S2882 scsi motherboard.

Thanks a lot.

Max.

Can you try a different CD drive? Perhaps it's faulty.
Does this CD allow another computer to boot from it? Is it a factory made cd, or a home made burnt one?

Hello Stonecat.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Well, i'm affraid i'll have to admit, it's a burned one. On a 32 bit machine. So this may be the problem! This is all getting too complicated for me. I might just order XP pro 64, or a windows seven. Thought i'm a big disliker of vista, and i don't like the way of automating all started with vista.

Thanks again.

Max.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Well, i'm affraid i'll have to admit, it's a burned one. On a 32 bit machine. So this may be the problem! This is all getting too complicated for me. I might just order XP pro 64, or a windows seven. Thought i'm a big disliker of vista, and i don't like the way of automating all started with vista.
I'm not sure how to decipher most of that, especially the "automating all starting" line, but it doesn't matter what platform you were running when you burned the disc. Can you boot another CD on this computer, to at least narrow it down to the disc or the computer?

I meant automating all services like backups, upgrades etc! I usualy get rid of system recovery and a lot of other things on my comps. I should admit i'm more used to the old ways around 2000 pro server and XP pro.
Thanks again for your help.

Max.

None of that is automated, no more so than XP. Any of that can be configured to run or not run, just like XP. Have you ever actually run Vista for more than a day or so?

None of that is automated, no more so than XP. Any of that can be configured to run or not run, just like XP. Have you ever actually run Vista for more than a day or so?

Yep, on my gal's laptop. And i could say that i'm ot that impressed. Ok, i could look into 7, but i'd rather stick with old OSes that i know. Thought not Win 98 :D

If you actually used Vista, then I'm not sure where you got that all those services and such were all automated. Wanting to cling to an old OS, in this case, would cause you to miss the best version of Windows ever released, aka Windows 7.

Back