Installer error (nostromo n52) config data corrupt.

NEODARK

Gawd
Hey guys, I'm having the following error.

"the configuration data for this product is corrupt"

The background, it started when my new NostromoN52 stopped working, so I figured I'd remove, then reinstall the drivers. When I launched the uninstaller, my PC BSOD' with a Bad_pool_header error. (crappy drivers) upon rebooting I tried to uninstall, but now Im stuck, the installer WILL NOT do anything, it just stops at the error above.

I tried cleaning the registry for all the "belkin" and "nostromo" values, but I cannot get this to go away. The installer "Nostromo_v3d.exe" will not create an MSI error log either.

Is there a specific key/value that I need to remove to get this to go away and I can uninstall/reinstall without having to format?

Please help., I dont want to reformat (it'd be a huge pain) just to get this damn nostromo to work.

thanks

If is any help, this is where the error is originating from..

Unexpected or missing value (name: 'PackageName', value: '') in key 'HKLM\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\A5C1A3F0A6AD63540A85BC8B75AC2CC0\SourceList'

can anyone copy their "PackageName" and give me the value?

ah, whatever.. i figured it out with some registry and installer command line..

now to resolve the damn BSOD.. (still happeninng)

Bad_pool_header which seems to be happening thanks to my X-fi, go figure..

Just a tip for a fellow N52 user, the device works great with no drivers or software installed. It comes up as a standard keyboard with a mouse wheel.

Yeah, but... I need all the extra keys I can have for a flight sim, so I wanted it working as a separate entity from keyboard :)

its all working now :)

Understood. With no drivers, you don't get the extra modes.

Enjoy your N52.

Back