installed programs not showing up under start...

Andross182

Gawd
I have kind of an odd thing going on here....

I run Vista 64 Ultimate and I have 2 74 gig raptor drives, C:\ and D:\

My OS is installed under C:\, However all my games are installed on my D:\ drive. I didnt really notice this till recently because I only have installed WoW and Crysis (well WoW doesnt count because you dont have to reinstall it when you reformat, just make a copy of the directory) but any game I install on my D:\ drive does not build the start menu extentions. So whenever I want to play Crysis i have to go into my D:\ drive and actually launch the .exe file. However anything that I install on my C:\ builds the extentions just fine.

Anyone else experience this?

Vista has never created start menu entries for me with games. Have you checked Games Explorer yet?

Yep, same experience here. Just about the only ones that do install under Start are the ones that actually ask you what directory you would like them listed in under Start.

If by games explorer you mean start/games then yes, its just the usual junk...this is really annoying...

Hmm... I haven't had problems with this (of course I really don't have any games on here... But the ones I put on awhile back were fine).
You might just create yourself a shortcut. Barrage of UAC prompts ahead when you mess with the start menu, though, just FYI.

Back