installed more RAM - seemingly now less RAM used...

wadec22

2[H]4U
i haven't bothered increasing RAM in awhile for all the obvious reasons.

i've had 16gb going and between productivity on 3 screens, many browser tabs and gaming - i sometimes hit 14gb usage - so i figured - why not go to 32gb...

now i'm at 32gb and although windows appears to recognize all the available ram - i haven't seen peak usage go above 12gb yet.

what gives? i'm on 64 bit Windows 10

***UPDATE***
For anyone interested, I thought my results ended up being pretty interesting. Of course dropping in the RAM and firing everything up - it immediately looked like my upgrade was unnecessary. However, having used it for a week and a half now, I'm really glad I moved to 32gb. I run 3 screens and like to leave my browser tabs and afterburner open while gaming. Just doing that and playing PUBG, Tarkov, BFV and Madden... my peak RAM usage is anywhere from 16.5gb to 23gb. I get nowhere near topping out but it has been beneficial.

This is coming from someone who found the purchase of a NVME drive super underwhelming and sold it off to move funds to another upgrade option. Hope that helps others make some choices.

Last edited:
Its relatively easy, you havent used that amount since you installed the new ram.
Wait a bit longer.

Also consider that a Windows 10 or browser update may result in less data being held.

Its relatively easy, you havent used that amount since you installed the new ram.
Wait a bit longer.

Also consider that a Windows 10 or browser update may result in less data being held.
j

you are probably right

updated, as I am now very pleased with this upgrade

32gb is nice to have when you need it; kind of one of those better to have it and not use it than need it and not have it kind of things. The only reason I have 32gb in my system is I got it for a stupid good price, otherwise I'd be a member of the 16gb family, as well. Glad you're happy with your upgrade!!

Back