installation of 64 bit vista with 32 bit key

sc3252

Gawd
Ok, so I ordered vista from my school, windows vista business edition. When I ordered it, it said on the website that it was just a regular install dvd(figured it must have both 32 and64bit edition) with the cd key. When it did finally arrive I realized its 32 bit only. So my question is, is it possible to install 64bit windows vista with the 32 bit cd key?
thanks

Ok, so I ordered vista from my school, windows vista business edition. When I ordered it, it said on the website that it was just a regular install dvd(figured it must have both 32 and64bit edition) with the cd key. When it did finally arrive I realized its 32 bit only. So my question is, is it possible to install 64bit windows vista with the 32 bit cd key?
thanks

As the poster above me said, "Yes".

Windows Vista license keys work universally for the 32-bit and 64-bit edition of the software you purchased. For example: If you've got a key for Windows Vista Ultimate Edition but it only came with a 32-bit installation disc, you can procure a 64-bit Vista disc and use it to install the 64-bit version of Windows Vista Ultimate Edition.

You can order a 64-bit disc from Microsoft for a nominal fee here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/1033/ordermedia/default.mspx

Can i use a 64 bit home premium DVD to install 64bit business? I have the home premium 64 bit dvd and a business key.

Can i use a 64 bit home premium DVD to install 64bit business? I have the home premium 64 bit dvd and a business key.

Yes, each Vista DVD has all the different "flavors" on them. Your key tells the DVD which version to install, if you decide to enter the key during install.

Back