Seasonic S-12 600w
ASUS A8N-32 SLI
Opteron 175
2GB PC4000 OCZ Platinum
ATI 1900XT
WD Raptor 150GB (love it)
Diamond Max 300GB (storage)
2x Benq 1655 (w/ LightScribe)

very excited...should be fun. My main question is the order i should install things once i get into windows. I've heard that there is a microsoft hotfix for dual core chips? should i install that before the chipset drivers? also, should i download the chipset drivers from ASUS or Nvidia?

I also love using nLite...is there any way to integrate the hotfix into the install?

Thanks!

DReborn said:
here's my new build:

Seasonic S-12 600w
ASUS A8N-32 SLI
Opteron 175
2GB PC4000 OCZ Platinum
ATI 1900XT
WD Raptor 150GB (love it)
Diamond Max 300GB (storage)
2x Benq 1655 (w/ LightScribe)

very excited...should be fun. My main question is the order i should install things once i get into windows. I've heard that there is a microsoft hotfix for dual core chips? should i install that before the chipset drivers? also, should i download the chipset drivers from ASUS or Nvidia?

I also love using nLite...is there any way to integrate the hotfix into the install?

Thanks!

There really isnt any particular order you need to follow. Just do the chipset drivers and bio updates first, then the peripherals later. I dont think it really matters where to you dl the chipset drivers. I personally used Nvidia before because the website was faster

Some people swear by an order but theoretically it shouldn't make any difference and in the many installs I've done order has never been a big deal. Chipset drivers first, then video card, then Windows Update (for a windows machine). Follow that by any accessories, those are the core ones.

SP2 slipstreamed to install disk.

Beyond that it really doesn't matter.

Back