Install 2k3 server with sata raid controller card?

legrand

Weaksauce
I'm trying to put together a small server for my workplace. It has a Tyan mobo that we've put a 3Ware sata raid card on. I can get into the raid setup and configure the drives into a raid setup but when I try to install w2k it says that it can't find a hdd.

Ideas?

Copy the 3ware drivers onto a floppy.

When Win2k3 blue-screen setup loads, press F6. You'll see it at the bottom only for a second or two.

I'll give that another whirl tomorrow, but I thought that was only for scsi drivers. I, for some reason, couldn't get it to work that way this afternoon. Even after the install of the drivers w2k said it couldn't find the hdd's to install to.

legrand said:
I'll give that another whirl tomorrow, but I thought that was only for scsi drivers. I, for some reason, couldn't get it to work that way this afternoon. Even after the install of the drivers w2k said it couldn't find the hdd's to install to.
Which server OS are you using? At one point you say 2K3, and then you say 2K. Anyway, make sure the drivers are compatible, and that the structure of the floppy is correct.

It is Windows 2000 Sserver, Sorry about that.

I know that the drivers are correct as the 3ware software makes it simple to select. I pushed the windows 2000 32 bit version button and out came a floppy. :)

I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow when this doesn't work again...

if you can you could always slip stream the files and create a new install disc. its easy with nLite (www.nliteos.com) just install the program and follow the instructions of createing a bootable iso, and integrate drivers (This being your controller card drivers) onces its done click the make iso it will create an iso which you can burn with a program like nero. then once you boot the computer just let it run no need to hit f6

Looks like I'll have to try the nLite program as when the windows installer gets to the "give me driver disk" place after hitting f6, it's telling me that the files on the disk aren't relevant.

Thanks for the input thus far.

Awesome!
The nLite program worked perfectly... integrated the drivers right into w2k and it's formatting the 476Gb right now :)

Thanks a million
Javelin3o4!

Back