Instagram Users with 100,000+ Followers Get Free Food for Posts

cageymaru

Fully [H]
The "This is Not a Sushi Bar" restaurant in Milan, Italy is offering Instagram users with 100,000+ followers free food if they post a picture of their meal and tag the restaurant on social media. "Owner Matteo Pittarello said he hoped the offer would attract millennials as patrons and create '2.0 word-of-mouth that could make our brand strong and viral.'"

Italian fashion blogger Clizia Incorvaia had a free sushi lunch on Tuesday courtesy of her 200,000 Instagram followers. Incorvaia said: "We tasted everything from gunkan to tartare, and I have to say it is all really good."

Wonder if they did the math. Be interesting to see how this pays off or not.

Instead of having CAC (Customer Acquisition Costs) of a few dollars for advertising, they're using their food costs to try and get socioproof / wider audience.

So facepalm worthy. Who the fuck goes on Social media to determine where they eat at? Pathetic.

Have you or any of your friends ever said that they ate at such and such place and said you need to try it out? this is the same thing, it's just they are getting a free meal for telling people.

Well they ( the restaurant ) can do what they please, their message are probably going to reach a lot of people, just not me as i am not doing that dance.
A lot of people are probably also going to go by that hashtag or what the hell its called, personally i am waiting for it to become popular to jump off a cliff, then i am going to be there with my camera.

Soooooooo glad i dont have kids, almost also the one thing in my life i seem to have gotten right from the get go.

Have you or any of your friends ever said that they ate at such and such place and said you need to try it out? this is the same thing, it's just they are getting a free meal for telling people.

Same thing, except they were bribed and are not your friends. Hmm..

Reactions: PaulP
like this
and the restaurant saves $10k in advertising.

still this this is one of the most retarded thing to some from sm. ooooh look at my food. oh look I took a bite. oh look its almost done. fuck off.

and the restaurant saves $10k in advertising.

still this this is one of the most retarded thing to some from sm. ooooh look at my food. oh look I took a bite. oh look its almost done. fuck off.

This is what I ate the other day,
IMG_2363.JPG

All gone,
IMG_2364.JPG

How much do I have to pay for fake Instagram follows from China again?

Hmmmm free food.

We use Yelp a lot for restaurants we've never been to and my wife likes to submit reviews there also. I don't mind a quick pic from her and she posts later thankfully.

"What beautiful places will you be going to this weekend to stare at your phone"

One of my favorite sayings....

Reactions: PaulP
like this
Yeah... sushi is just not one of those things to be trusted if free. XD

So a bunch of instagram whores "models" who take cleverly angled photos with their knee raised to accentuate their ass get to eat free in Italy

"What beautiful places will you be going to this weekend to stare at your phone"

a couple weekends back.. me and the wife went to a journey/def leppard concert. We hadnt been to a concert in years, ozzy/rob zombie, was the last one.

what REALLY stood out to me was the SEA OF PHONES at the concert. I simply could not count how many people were paying more attention to their phone recording the event, then actually just enjoying the show.

by the way.. Journey was simply awesome

I had to LOL at how all the phones in "flashlight" mode seems to have replaced the good old fashion lighter. that was actually kinda cool.

a couple weekends back.. me and the wife went to a journey/def leppard concert. We hadnt been to a concert in years, ozzy/rob zombie, was the last one.

what REALLY stood out to me was the SEA OF PHONES at the concert. I simply could not count how many people were paying more attention to their phone recording the event, then actually just enjoying the show.

by the way.. Journey was simply awesome

I had to LOL at how all the phones in "flashlight" mode seems to have replaced the good old fashion lighter. that was actually kinda cool.
i bet it was awesome. is pineda still fronting?

In theory I would agree. Listening to someone's opinion who you trust is a lot better than just relying on an advertisement directly from the corporation. I just think it would be hard to trust the opinion of some some social media "star" when they are effectively being paid for what they post. At that point it is just advertising again (and they know it, they don't give away free meals just to be nice)

That's a lot different than the opinion of a friend who actually cares or knows anything about about you specifically and not just how many "likes" or "follows" and value they can extract from you.

In theory I would agree. Listening to someone's opinion who you trust is a lot better than just relying on an advertisement directly from the corporation. I just think it would be hard to trust the opinion of some some social media "star" when they are effectively being paid for what they post. At that point it is just advertising again (and they know it, they don't give away free meals just to be nice)

That's a lot different than the opinion of a friend who actually cares or knows anything about about you specifically and not just how many "likes" or "follows" and value they can extract from you.

I am not saying to trust what the instagrammer is posting, I am just saying that that is a neat way to get free food if you aren't a "celebrity", and I would probably do it as well.

Real celebrities get actual money for posting about shit, I think I read one article about someone getting $100k per tweet.

Back