Insignia lcd t.v.'s

-Axiom-

2[H]4U
Any opinions on these tv's?
I am looking at a 37" model that I would be using as a monitor.
What type of panel does it have?

My computer specs are:
P5k deluxe
c2d @ 3.4 ghz
4 gig ddr2 800
8800gts

Do I have enough video horsepower to game on this?
I primarily play SupCom.
Any input would be helpful.
Thank you

As to the Insignia, a quick google search didn't really turn up anything favorable to say about them. They could be on a new revision by this point and some of the problems ironed out, but you never know. Read around a little bit and see what you think. I'm going to guess that, since no has responded by this point, no one here owns one. You can also check avsforums for info as well.

For the record, I own a Vizio and it's fantastic, especially for the price point. Olevia has had some good deals recently as well.

as a pc monitor... probably ok

as a television, i think they look terrible, i put them down there with westinghouse and the other cheap brands

I ended up buying a Sharp lc-37d43u , I am trying to figure out how to make it look right...
It looks great as a tv but it is missing the reds as my monitor.

Great choice on the Sharp, they make some nice tv's. A good place to start out with would be http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=843735&highlight=37d43u they should have some settings based on their own eyes. Ultimately you would get a calibration tool like DVE which is a dvd you pop in to correctly set your own tv to your liking since all tv's are slightly different along with your personal preference. Hope that helps you out. Enjoy your new tv!

I've got one of their CRT HDTV's and it's a POS. I wouldn't buy anything from them again.

Good choice on the Sharp, though. Those are pretty nice.

I had the 37" 720p set for a few days and it was great for movies and browsing but it just wasn't high enough rez to play a game...
I returned it and got the 32" 1080p (Sharp) set and it is much better for me as a monitor.
It looks the same for movies and browsing but there is a huge difference for gaming.
All in All a great set.
For monitor use the smaller higher rez set is far superior.

Back