Insignia 46-inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV for $400 w/FS

Damn, for a no-frills TV that you just want as a 2nd tv in another room/play room/whatever... this ain't half bad.

Wow, these tvs have gotten so inexpensive. I have no idea whether that is a good tv, though. I've always stuck with Samsung.

Insignia, even though it is Best Buy's "house brand" has always been ranked very highly in Consumer Reports and have been found to be using the same parts inside as many Visio/Samsung TVs.

Insignia, even though it is Best Buy's "house brand" has always been ranked very highly in Consumer Reports and have been found to be using the same parts inside as many Visio/Samsung TVs.

A couple of Samsung parts here and there doesn't make it a Samsung. When it comes to TVs, most of the time you get what you pay for.

If you believe that, my Chrysler has Mercedes parts in it. Just because a couple of people say something on the internet doesn't make it any more true.

Warm deal imho. 46" is a decent size, i know it sounds dumb but it has the feel of a 50", which you won't get from a 42" unless you're sitting on top of it.

If you believe that, my Chrysler has Mercedes parts in it. Just because a couple of people say something on the internet doesn't make it any more true.
I don't necessarily disagree with your entire statement, but your Chrysler has thousands of parts in it, TV's tend to only have 4 or 5 electronic parts. If it's a Samsung panel and videoboard, then the picture quality will resemble that of a Samsung.

I have a cheap 2011 32" Westinghouse TV that's confirmed to have a Samsung panel and an older Samsung videoboard (from a 2010 model of theirs). It's low on features but the picture quality on it is brilliant. But is it a full fledged Samsung? Of course not.

Occasionally name brand TV's will be entirely rebadged though, but i can't think of any models offhand.

Last edited:
I picked up a 42 inch Insignia for a bedroom TV when they were on clearance a few months back for $250 (1080P, LED, 60Hz) and was a little shocked how bad the viewing angles were. I should have known, though, as it was plainly advertised as 160 degrees. I combined it with a Boston Acoustics TVee 25 sound bar they also had on clearance for $80 dollars. As much hate as Best Buy gets/deserves, I do enjoy their clearance deals.

That said, this TV is advertised as having 178 degree viewing angles. Why they don't list that on the main product page is beyond me, but it is there if you dig through the brochures: http://www.insigniaproducts.com/products/televisions/NS-46E340A13.html.

I have this exact tv. Solid product. Great picture quality. Smoking deal on a quality built LED tv.

A couple of Samsung parts here and there doesn't make it a Samsung. When it comes to TVs, most of the time you get what you pay for.

If by "a couple parts" you mean, the same PCB and panel. Processor, bezel, power supply, etc. may be different ... but for the needs of most people that are buying a $400 TV, it would be nearly identical.

I've taken quite a few of these TV's apart. (I worked for Geek Squad for 7 years)

You can get name brand 50in 1080p led for less then $100 more then this. I just did.

Back