Insightful look at the supply chain issues around GPU's

GoodBoy

2[H]4U
An actually useful look at behind the scenes events around the GPU scarcity, warning about some bad PSU's.

Interesting tidbits: both AMD and Nvidia are pumping out twice the quantity of GPU's and its still not enough. exploding PSU's being bundled with video cards to get rid of old junk (Newegg) to beware of.

Interesting tidbits: both AMD and Nvidia are pumping out twice the quantity of GPU's and its still not enough.
Yet last month we were being fed the idea that both AMD & Nvidia put in less orders for silicon because they didn't think there would be any demand... and here we are being told they're making double the amount they normally would? What to believe?

Yet last month we were being fed the idea that both AMD & Nvidia put in less orders for silicon because they didn't think there would be any demand... and here we are being told they're making double the amount they normally would? What to believe?

Both AMD and Nvidia would have pre-booked Fab production for what they believed they would be enough. But since the first production runs, they would have been booking more and more FAB time to try and fill the demand.

It's just miners at this point, right?
PC gamers aren't actually paying triple MSRP just to play Cyberpunk, right?

It's just miners at this point, right?
PC gamers aren't actually paying triple MSRP just to play Cyberpunk, right?
The problem is there is a big blurred line there. Most gamers have wised up to the free money they can make part-time.

The problem is there is a big blurred line there. Most gamers have wised up to the free money they can make part-time.
I don't think miners/gamers are the problem here.
I think the real problem are mining "farms" - they have both the money and the influence (read: kickbacks) to purchase GPUs in bulk before they ever show up in regular retail.

I don't think miners/gamers are the problem here.
I think the real problem are mining "farms" - they have both the money and the influence (read: kickbacks) to purchase GPUs in bulk before they ever show up in regular retail.
Per the article, yes. Was just commenting regarding the comment about gamers not paying triple MSRP.

Back