"insert via combo drivers diskette" during install! help!!!

gainman

Weaksauce
Hey guys, to start out, im not a computer idiot, i have installed windows on a raid sata sytem many times, but i have never gotten this before, and cannot figure this out.

I get the raid 0 setup, start windows installation. I hit F6, load the raid drivers from the diskette, and continue on my merry way. I get the the start of installation, i select the partition (which windows sees fine, so i know the drivers worked), format it to ntfs, and proceed with install. Right before it copies the installation files to the hard drive, it comes up and asks me to "insert via combo driver diskette and press enter to continue".

I put the same driver disk in and hit enter, nothing happens. i hit it a million times, nothing happens. i made a second disk with the same drivers. still no go. i put the actual windows raid drivers on a disk, still nothing. I dont know what else to do. I guess i could slipstream the drivers into a new windows disk, but i want to get this to work. I have installed this on this system before, and it worked fine. I dont know whats going on.

system: sager 9750 laptop

amd x2 4800+
1 gig ram
2 hitachi 80gig sata 7200rpm drives
7800gt
the via controller is via vt8237

i dont know the motherboard brand, it is a laptop.....

any help with this will be great, thanks guys

I am guessing you are using a USB floppy? I had a problem with a Sager D87P about 3 days ago and had to use nLite to slipstream the damned driver onto the disc.

www.nliteos.com

Very nifty program.

ok, well i tried slipstreaming the drivers in, but still no luck. the guide on the nlite site used a different chipset (nforce), versus my via chipset for the sata raid. maybe you or someone else can guide me through the process? ive tried everything. i tried slipstreaming the drivers, i tried using the diskette for the drivers and slipstreaming the main windows raid drivers, i even tried slipstreaming the usb floppy drivers, but to no avail.

if anyone else has any ideas, please, i am stumped.....

Back