Inquirers review of 8800GTX

Iratus

[H]ard|Gawd
1) Hate the Inquirer
2) Think Fudo needs a new job
3) Despite that still interested.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35604

Boiling all the badly written stuff down it looks like CPU limited at anything below 1600*1200 and for most games cpu limited up to 2560. No surprise.

Very impressive numbers though, with the AA and HDR included I'm sold. Desperately counting down to 2pm now so that I can beat everyone in the uk to one of the 200 GTX's the uk has been allocated.

Grrhh! No GTS in the review, though it was interesting to see 16XAA on the bench now :eek:

dR.Jester said:
The INQ. Bah!

I'll wait for trusty [H], more credible.

Indeed, its nice to get a bit of a crack fix in the mean time though ;)

WTF you have to use BOTH bridges?! Fook, thats gay, now I have to locate another sli connector bridge.

Ockie said:
WTF you have to use BOTH bridges?! Fook, thats gay, now I have to locate another sli connector bridge.

They come with the card this time...not the mobo...

that review is seriously CPU limited... the numbers only show what the extra bandwidth of an additional card in a 2nd slot will yield. what a lame review. like the OP said they suck but im still interested, yet i am completely turned off by the G80 because of that review. although i am still going to buy a GTS today :D

thespymaster said:
They come with the card this time...not the mobo...

Reviewer said that it does not come with the jumper bridges.

Why are the Inq's scores (especially 3Dmark0x) so different from other people's scores :p

Arcygenical said:
Why are the Inq's scores (especially 3Dmark0x) so different from other people's scores :p

...hmm, let me think about it.

....maybe its because they havent tested it on the $1000 cpu and the $300 motherboard that isn't even out yet ???

Back