Innovatek XX-Flow vs. Aqua Computer Cuplex XT; Aquatube question

n00btard

Gawd
So... Which is better, Innovatek's XX-Flow which appears to follow a conventional modified canal design, or the jet impingement design on the Cuplex XT? I can get 6mm P&C fittings for both at Sharka Computers, and please base your response purely on performance, not price. Oh, and please don't spew B.S. about 6mm tubing, as I'm quite fine with my choice about tube diameter.

Also, about the Aquatube; Gruntville hooked it up in a review and talked about pressure problems with the reservoir, would I get a similar kind of problem if I paired this res up with something obscenely powerful like an Alphacool AP1510, or is a 1/4" watercooling setup just fine with a 158GPH pump like an EHEIM 1048? If the Aquatube was to be suspended from the top of the case, right over the RAM bank, would it fit? Thanks.

Cuplex XT is AFAIK, the best low-flow WB around. It will work very well with higher flow as well, becuase of its design.
To answer your second question, it depends on the case as to whether it will fit. You do not need an AP1510, an AP700 or 900 would be more than enough, or the Eheims.

I'm not going to bash the 6mm ID hose. *twitch*

I prefer the Innova block just because I've used them and seen some benchmarks done with them. Based on those tests I know what to expect compared to Storm blocks, DD blocks, Alpha blocks, etc (no comments on how they perform to avoid any kind of flames).

I'd really be excited to see how they perform against the Aqua blocks but there seems to be some issues with getting good tests done on them vs the others (again, no finger pointing here).

I'm an 8mm ID fan myself and realize the Aqua blocks can be ordered with 8mm fittings from Sharka but would really like to see some testing done on them so I could see what kind of "ideal" results I'd see (better would be "real-world" testing but I'll take what I can get) since I really like the look of the Aqua blocks over the Innova ones but I prefer the beast I know and is tested over the one I don't.

Just my $.02

boof said:
Cuplex XT is AFAIK, the best low-flow WB around. It will work very well with higher flow as well, becuase of its design.
To answer your second question, it depends on the case as to whether it will fit. You do not need an AP1510, an AP700 or 900 would be more than enough, or the Eheims.

WTF is "AFAIK" (and "QFT" for that matter)? I went along with the AP1510 because it was the only one out of the three listed in FrozenCPU. But if something like an EHEIM 1048 is good enough, I might as well use the extra money on an FMJ cover or something so I can stick it 2cm from the hard drive bay...

QFT = Quite Friggin' True (or words to that effect)

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

Dont bother with the FMJ unless you really like the looks of it. It's a waste of money IMO.

The minimal magnetic field produced by a pump will not dramatically interfere with any components in a PC... I have a pump mounted within 3 inches of a HDD with no major loss in performance or added bad writes. Think about it this way, a HDD spins using a traditional motor which creates it's own magnetic field... if a motor mounted that close to the drive's read/write head doesn't cause problems, another small motor mounted three inches away probably wont either.

QFT = Quoted For Truth

As Bellacroix said, the FMJ is essentially useless unless you like the looks. The pump will not effect your harddrives at all, even if you were to set it right on top of your harddrives.

FMJ is useless. The pump will not effect your harddrives at all, even if you were to set it right on top of your harddrives.
as seen in this pic and im posting from that rig now.

normal_DSC01543.JPG

Derrick70, that's a sh**load of pumps you've got running there.

Hoping to eventually get an Aquaero LCD (maybe this Christmas if I can get my dream AC loop up and running by early November...)

This is what I'm hoping to fit in a Mountain Mods Bobslay case
( http://mountainmods.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_64&products_id=276 ):

Aqua Computer Twinplex Pro SLI (SB) $47.95
Innovatek Cool-Matic G70 $136.99
Aqua Computer ASUS P5 Mosfet $29.95
Aqua Computer Twinplex Pro (NB) $43.95
Aqua Computer Cuplex XT $99.95
Aqua Computer Airplex Evo 240 $64.95
Eheim 1048 Pump $69.95
Aqua Computer Aquatube $54.95
Aqua Computer Aquajet $12.95
Aqua Computer Aquatube mounting plate $14.95
Aqua Computer P&C~G1/4” x2 $7.90
Double-Ended Shutoff Valve w/P&C fittingsx4 $45.60
Danger Den MCT-5 $23.76
12 ft. Aqua Computer Plug & Cool 6mm ID tubing $15.80
Aqua Computer Inline T-connector P&C Plastic $3.95
Aqua Computer Plug & Cool Bent fitting x2 $7.90

Along with:

Samsung SH-W162C
P5ND2-SLI
eVGA 7800GT
4x512MB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-675
Samsung Spinpoint P 160GB SATA
Belkin Pre-N
OCZ Powerstream SLI 520W
Pentium 4 631
Acer 1912S 19"

Looking at the dimension of the BobSlay, do you guys think it's possible to fit all that high-tech crap inside such a small case? If so, where would shwag like the pump and the Aquatube go? Radiator is going to straddle the case, and I've already worked out how to effectively remove the top panel without f***ing up the loop. That's what the dual shut-off valves are for, the third one being used for a fillport.

Hardrives use DC motors and Aqua Computer Aquastream pumps use AC motors. Not enough of an electrical whiz to know if that is the reason they sell the FMJ's or not. However, they do look nice all gussied up with some paint or plating. :D

Derrick70 said:
FMJ is useless. The pump will not effect your harddrives at all, even if you were to set it right on top of your harddrives.
as seen in this pic and im posting from that rig now.

normal_DSC01543.JPG

You need more pumps...

The Cuplex XT is not a "low flow" block... It will improve with higher flow - improve = lower temps.

The XX-Flow is one of those blocks that doesn't really show improvements with higher flow, so that could be classified as a "low flow" block, much like Innovatek's Rev3 block (half a gallon to 2 gallon of flow shows minimal change).

I'd think the best one for small bore is either Alphacool's NexXxos XP or the Storm G5. Each does show improvements using a higher flowing pump (than an Eheim 1046 based one). The XP has the performance of the Storm G4 (pretty much) and is half the cost fo the Cuplex XT. The Storm is better, but at more cost and still less than the XT :eek:

n00btard said:
Hoping to eventually get an Aquaero LCD (maybe this Christmas if I can get my dream AC loop up and running by early November...)

Let me know if you get the LCD and don't like it and want to trade it for the VFD version. :D

Pooky said:
I'd think the best one for small bore is either Alphacool's NexXxos XP or the Storm G5. Each does show improvements using a higher flowing pump (than an Eheim 1046 based one). The XP has the performance of the Storm G4 (pretty much) and is half the cost fo the Cuplex XT. The Storm is better, but at more cost and still less than the XT :eek:

Actually the NexXxos block isn't that close to the G4. It's C/W vs. Flow is about the same, but it is much more restrictive than the Storm. So in any given loop it will have a slower flow rate than the Storm would in the same loop. Especially with the improvements made on the Swiftech Storm of the G4, and now with the Swiftech Storm Rev.2 reducing the pressure drop even further the gap increases more.

I agree with you though that the design of the Cuplex XT is more of a high flow design. The same thing was said by Phaestus about the NexXxos block. When you see those C/W vs. Flow curves that improve nearly exponentially with increased flow then it is really a high flow block. Blocks like the MCW6000 which dont improve dramatically with increased flow are ones that should be classified as low flow blocks.

Derrick70, that's a sh**load of pumps you've got running there.

This is what I'm hoping to fit in a Mountain Mods Bobslay case
( http://mountainmods.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_64&products_id=276 ):

Aqua Computer Twinplex Pro SLI (SB) $47.95
Innovatek Cool-Matic G70 $136.99
Aqua Computer ASUS P5 Mosfet $29.95
Aqua Computer Twinplex Pro (NB) $43.95
Aqua Computer Cuplex XT $99.95
Aqua Computer Airplex Evo 240 $64.95
Eheim 1048 Pump $69.95
Aqua Computer Aquatube $54.95
Aqua Computer Aquajet $12.95
Aqua Computer Aquatube mounting plate $14.95
Aqua Computer P&C~G1/4” x2 $7.90
Double-Ended Shutoff Valve w/P&C fittingsx4 $45.60
Danger Den MCT-5 $23.76
12 ft. Aqua Computer Plug & Cool 6mm ID tubing $15.80
Aqua Computer Inline T-connector P&C Plastic $3.95
Aqua Computer Plug & Cool Bent fitting x2 $7.90

Along with:

Samsung SH-W162C
P5ND2-SLI
eVGA 7800GT
4x512MB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-675
Samsung Spinpoint P 160GB SATA
Belkin Pre-N
OCZ Powerstream SLI 520W
Pentium 4 631
Acer 1912S 19"

Looking at the dimension of the BobSlay, do you guys think it's possible to fit all that high-tech crap inside such a small case? If so, where would shwag like the pump and the Aquatube go? Radiator is going to straddle the case, and I've already worked out how to effectively remove the top panel without f***ing up the loop. That's what the dual shut-off valves are for, the third one being used for a fillport.

Did you ever get this stuff?

I am in the same boat with my first water cooled setup and was wondering if you got the Aqua computer Aquatube?

Thanks,
-Nigel

Back