INNOCN 27" 4K HDR1000 Mini-LED Computer Monitor - $489

NukeDukem

2[H]4U
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
For what it's worth, this is a 384-zone panel, not the 1536 zone stuff you see on higher end mini-LED displays. There are also rumors it never hits 1000 nits, not even with HDR enabled.

I got the monitor and it's great for what I need it to do.

Pros: With local dimming turned on the screen is a good companion for an OLED tv. Black is black, not an orange IPS glow. It also trounces my 3000:1 LG VA monitor in this regard. Perfect for static icons and other windows I don't want to leave on the OLED screen for long periods of time. The SDR PQ is fantastic, 4k videos and colors look awesome.

Cons: Limited to 60 Hz. Some blooming is noticeable around zones that are turned on. This is subtle when viewed straight on, but doesn't look great from side angles. The HDR is crap. Bezel is silver which may be a con for some.

Overall I am impressed with this monitor for the price. I can see the potential for mini-LED tech going forward. As a side monitor for productivity, media consumption and static elements, it's perfect. I wouldn't game on it, but that is what the OLED is for.

The $489 Black Friday deal is dead, but it's still available at $549 with coupon code. Good value for the money IMO.

Last edited:
4K is to small for 27inch IMO. 1440P is the sweet spot for 27inch sized monitors.
Nah, the higher ppi is awesome on 27/28" 4k. I've used various sizes of 4k since 2014 and by far 27" is my favorite with some scaling. I'd take more resolution if I could get it... 24" 4k was great, but the monitor was just too small physically for me.

Nah, the higher ppi is awesome on 27/28" 4k. I've used various sizes of 4k since 2014 and by far 27" is my favorite with some scaling. I'd take more resolution if I could get it... 24" 4k was great, but the monitor was just too small physically for me.
On Mac maybe but windows still does not handle scaling 100%

On Mac maybe but windows still does not handle scaling 100%
Scaling has been fine for me in almost everything since circa 2014, with some stuff not being updated for a year or two after that for major applications. I used windows 10 back then and still do. Even on my 32", I needed scaling.

Back