inno3d x4 1070Ti Fix

Shadowarez

Gawd
hi all i bought a inno3d 1070Ti from ebay was a great deal, Originally $325 cad but once i got it and got it all running in pc it was starting to show fuzzy text around buttons in FF14 launcher and temps at idle were 65c to 90c once loaded ff14. i took it apart and removed the terrible thermal pads, the chalk they called tim, used fuji extreme thermal pads and thermo grizzly on the gpu once i softened the chalk they had and was chipped away. once die was clean repasted it,

i was wondering if there is a better aftermarket cooler i could use like the arctic extreme series, just wondering as of today gpu is sitting at about 30c idle 50c load but was thinking of longevity as i dont trust this to be sold or used in a system id sell. maybe retire it to htpc use for plex,

Attachments

• I3-IC-C107T4-1SDN-P5DN.jpg
    I3-IC-C107T4-1SDN-P5DN.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 0
hi all i bought a inno3d 1070Ti from ebay was a great deal, Originally $325 cad but once i got it and got it all running in pc it was starting to show fuzzy text around buttons in FF14 launcher and temps at idle were 65c to 90c once loaded ff14. i took it apart and removed the terrible thermal pads, the chalk they called tim, used fuji extreme thermal pads and thermo grizzly on the gpu once i softened the chalk they had and was chipped away. once die was clean repasted it,

i was wondering if there is a better aftermarket cooler i could use like the arctic extreme series, just wondering as of today gpu is sitting at about 30c idle 50c load but was thinking of longevity as i dont trust this to be sold or used in a system id sell. maybe retire it to htpc use for plex,

50 c load is not anywhere near the word an issue. My fan's don't even turn on till like 50c.

oh i know im thinking what i did saved it from a premature death but was wondering if i should look at getting a aftermarket to prolong it.

oh i know im thinking what i did saved it from a premature death but was wondering if i should look at getting a aftermarket to prolong it.

I'm just not seeing an aftermarket bringing the temperature lower than what you have. Unless you go water cooling.

ahh ok well will keep an eye on the cooler as im not sure if it was the tuff under the cooler that caused to get fuzzy in some game launchers, i have the fans at 75% just incase and has not come back since a clean install of windows.

I'd be willing to bet it was the clean install of windows rather than the 75% fan speeds that fixed your issue.

ill test with a lower fan curve tonight see if that changes anything. before clean install i also tried using display driver sweeper to wipe out old driver, wich persisted so changed over everything main os went onto a intel 905p 380gb m.2 figured id salt earth go fresh.

ill test with a lower fan curve tonight see if that changes anything. before clean install i also tried using display driver sweeper to wipe out old driver, wich persisted so changed over everything main os went onto a intel 905p 380gb m.2 figured id salt earth go fresh.

I'd definitely give that a try. No sense in just running the fans extra hard for no reason. Might also be worth repasting the HSF at a minimum.

oh yeah it was torn down and everything was redone the pads it came with were like dark grey paste they were so bad ill upload pics when im home, it has fresh fuji extreme pads and thermo grizz on the die+HSF before it was hard as chalk, i had to use thermal paste remover to soften it, i did not want to chance chipping it off as it was right in the resistors off the gpu,

That card has a premium cooler and should not have been getting to 90C @ stock. The fans should have ramped up to 100% if it did. I would have RMA'd rather then wasting money on those expensive fujipoly pads.

was a ebay buy for $325 cad but seller gave back 50% wehn told em i can possibly fix this with some tearing down. fans were 100% prior didnt help,

was a ebay buy for $325 cad but seller gave back 50% wehn told em i can possibly fix this with some tearing down. fans were 100% prior didnt help,

Well sir here's another top tip: don't ever take 50% just return the card when something like that happens, you need to protect yourself from fraudulent sellers, there are lots of them on there.

yeah navigating them waters is rough but iv gotton lucky with some purchases some i could fix others were complete wastes, was hoping it wasnt like the old maxwells, i had to toss a pair of titans in the oven at 375c for 10 mins bare naked to fix some issues, they still work to this day. i was not looking forward to doing that with this.

That card has a premium cooler and should not have been getting to 90C @ stock. The fans should have ramped up to 100% if it did. I would have RMA'd rather then wasting money on those expensive fujipoly pads.
It's just my opinion, but replacing thermal grease is a basic maintenance item, and it should be expected on any used graphics card you get from ebay. He said replacing the grease fixed the issue (I agree he didn't need to replace the pads, necessarily), so it seems like it all came out in the wash, especially if the seller gave him fifty percent of the purchase price back. I'd rather have the 50% back and keep the card than screw around with having to ship it back.

Regarding the OP's original question, I have a hard time imagining how he could improve on a 50C load temperature without going to water cooling. I would not recommend any of those Arctic Cooling aftermarket heatsinks. I have one, and I'm pretty unimpressed with it.

hi ty all for the replys, i was thinking of a back up incase anything else goes wrong the current temps are were id like them im just wondering if i should have a backup cooler on hand, as this is used and i had to modify it i dont think id sell this one. rather retire it to another system, and yeah shipping this would have been a pain as itd have to have gone back to hong kong.

It's just my opinion, but replacing thermal grease is a basic maintenance item, and it should be expected on any used graphics card you get from ebay. He said replacing the grease fixed the issue (I agree he didn't need to replace the pads, necessarily), so it seems like it all came out in the wash, especially if the seller gave him fifty percent of the purchase price back. I'd rather have the 50% back and keep the card than screw around with having to ship it back.

Regarding the OP's original question, I have a hard time imagining how he could improve on a 50C load temperature without going to water cooling. I would not recommend any of those Arctic Cooling aftermarket heatsinks. I have one, and I'm pretty unimpressed with it.

No, it should not be expected. When you buy a card in used condition it should perform normally. OP got lucky in this scenario, what if he did all of that and it didn't perform normally? What if in 2 weeks the card dies on him? Now he spent whatever it cost to fix and he has a broke card. Once you accept the 50% refund you cannot open another dispute.

yeah i had to gamble on this as i sold my titan in another build this was to replace it, id wager this isnt a good thing to do often as itll bite ya eventually, i lost a seasonic 850w platium as i waited too long to test it, should havetested that day i got it not waited for parts to arrive to build, only to find out it was doa.

Back