Inno3D Geforce 6800

Does anyone know if inno3D make good cards?

Im thinking about upgrading from my 9600pro (im on a limited budget)

I'm interested to know too - they're generally all the same, unless they've been OCed, I believe.

I don't see why an inno3d cards would be slower than any other standard (non-OCed) Geforce 6800Ultra/GT...

i´ve ordered one today (inno3D 6800, 128MB, black PCB :D )
give some days to report my experience with it.

Well, I'm in love with my Inno3d 6800GT....and it's really nice to (finally) see some more [H]'ers showing up with these things. Even though it's a GT I still wanted to chime in with my .02.....check my sig for a little more on it. ;)

i´m a little bit confused. i have 2,2ns Hynix Ram, which means that the Ram can go up to 450/900 but on my card i can´t set it higher than 410/820! then a message appears, driver can´t handle this please reduce speeds? What the hell is going on???!!!

it also seems that i got a bad chip, over 370 core i got artefakts with Doom³.

and i also can´t use with this card the rivatuner pipe option.

with 370core i can live, but that i can´t push the ram to it´s limit because of nvidias driver makes me a LITTLE BIT ANGRY :mad:

grugar said:
i´m a little bit confused. i have 2,2ns Hynix Ram, which means that the Ram can go up to 450/900 but on my card i can´t set it higher than 410/820! then a message appears, driver can´t handle this please reduce speeds? What the hell is going on???!!!

it also seems that i got a bad chip, over 370 core i got artefakts with Doom³.

and i also can´t use with this card the rivatuner pipe option.

with 370core i can live, but that i can´t push the ram to it´s limit because of nvidias driver makes me a LITTLE BIT ANGRY :mad:

Don't be angry because you got a bad OC'ing card dude, it happens all the time, and is the nature of this hobby of ours. Technically someone should know what the chances are that they'll get a "not so decent" overclock ahead of time....so that they really dont have a reason to be mad, cus you gotta take the bad with the good in these cases.

yes you could probly buy/pick up another identical card and get a much nicer OC out of it, but it isnt really worth it for most people.....as even at 370MHz you ARE getting a speed boost over the stock clock, and it barely increases the heat output of the card at that point.

Have fun, enjoy your card.....and good luck next time with your overclocking.

the 370core isn´t the problem! that i can live with thats still near 20% OC.

it´s the 800 with the memory! they are build to make 900@stock and they are not going anywhere near this!

grugar said:
the 370core isn´t the problem! that i can live with thats still near 20% OC.

it´s the 800 with the memory! they are build to make 900@stock and they are not going anywhere near this!

Weird dude.....I'd see what you can do about a return/RMA or at least get in touch with someone "higher up" to see if you can find a quick answer for this.....cus I haven't seen it b4.

I'm getting a core OC at 390 and memory at 835. Mine is a Leadtek 6800 nu. I get the please reduce speed message when I test the new settings under the Coolbits setting for clock frequencies. I've noticed if I disable fastwrites using Rivatuner I can OC higher for some reason. You could give it a go, taking fastwrites off could hamper performance though , as you will be using system memory also to write graphics

spicey said:
taking fastwrites off could hamper performance though , as you will be using system memory also to write graphics

Last time I tried this (just for the hell of it) with my 9800XT, gaming was abismal.....I'm not sure if it'd be AS bad for you, but it's not worth it...even if it does get you more of an OC.

Back