Inland QN322 2TB SSD NVMe $80

QLC drive with 400 TBW, but 6 years warranty is pretty good.

With board having 4-5 slot becoming common now, those large-cheaper drive become more and more interesting.

400 TB at 100 GB a day is 11 years as long as you stay away from programs that heavily writes like Apple cloud and Virtual Machines. Unlike the "Team" brand, you can walk into Microcenter for the warranty and not have to ship something out of pocket to Taiwan.

Picked one up last Tuesday from MC when I saw it posted on there last Monday.

Lady at the checkout scanned it twice because she couldn't believe the price. Should have picked up more but didn't want to feel greedy.

Have any of you actually reached the TBW lifespan? Any issues?

I had an old Crucial MX4 that hit the TBW threshold but it kept going, although if I remember correctly CDI showed the drive health as 80% or something like that. Nowadays most drives will survive long enough before you upgrade them.

Have any of you actually reached the TBW lifespan? Any issues?
I have an old Samsung 840 Evo 250GB that shows like 32% estimated life left. It has ~7.3 years of power-on hours, ~154TB written, and so far, it hasn't given me any issues, although I retired it from OS duty about 3 years ago and only use it as a scratch drive for video recording.

From what I understand, this drive should have comparable longevity to most modern 2TB QLC drives (estimated ~600TBW; I'm past that point but still not seeing any noticeable degredation).

Crap. Between this and the Samsung deal, guess I am going to MC today. Need RAM too.

Damn you people!

You know one of the slots is SATA only right?
will a nvme work in a sata slot?
I looked on my mb slots and they said either sata or nvme so i just assumed they are interchangeable...did i make the srong assumption

Last edited:
I looked on my mb slots and they said either sata or nvme so i just assumed they are interchangeable...did i make the srong assumption
no he means on the adapter there is m2 nvme and m2 sata. if you want two nvme drives then you just need a different adapter.

Reactions: Hulk
like this
M.2 has different keying for NVME (PCIe) and SATA. You can actually see the pinout gap differences in the product picture.

So an NVME drive wouldn't physically fit in the SATA reserved slot.

There are also different keys for other interface types (USB, audio, etc.)

M.2 has different keying for NVME (PCIe) and SATA. You can actually see the pinout gap differences in the product picture.

So an NVME drive wouldn't physically fit in the SATA reserved slot.

There are also different keys for other interface types (USB, audio, etc.)
This isn't entirely true. Some motherboards have slots that can accommodate both types of M.2 drives.

My ASUS TUF GAMING X570 says it supports both, but it only has two slots so I erroneous assume all M2 slots support both...
Generally the slot closest to the CPU will be nvme only. My asrock b450 pro4 has a second m2 slot that supports both types, although nvme only runs at x2 speed in that slot.

This isn't entirely true. Some motherboards have slots that can accommodate both types of M.2 drives.
That's why I stated SATA reserved slot. In the case where it's both, it's a dual mode slot and will obviously accept either.

The OP linked a product that fits the context of my original statement.

That's why I stated SATA reserved slot. In the case where it's both, it's a dual mode slot and will obviously accept either.

The OP linked a product that fits the context of my original statement.
I see, you're right.

Last edited:
Reactions: maro
like this
Same here. OOS online, I was in the area, and stopped by the Fairfax, VA store. Pointed to the item on the ad page. Sale rep went to the back and check, then said ya we have some. Grabbed one bc wth not. lol

Reactions: maro
like this
If anyone's interested:

QLC, Phison E13T, no DRAM

No, it's not going to win any races but as someone who is still using a 4TB spinner for Steam/Epic and other libraries this is cheap option. Too bad they don't make a 4TB one

Back