Injustice: Gods Among Us - $9.99 @ Gamestop 1 hour sale (6/4)

Kabob

2[H]4U
Gamestop just posted this on twitter, one hour sale for Injustice: Gods Among Us tomorrow from 12-1 CST.

Link

Not sure which consoles this is for, the game is on Xbox 360, PS3, and WiiU.

Wow, this is going to be a mess. I remember trying to buy Red Dead Redemption when GS did a similar (but not as drastic) sale on that game. I'll give it a shot, but I hold no illusions of actually being able to get a copy.

I too was there for the one hour RDR sale and got nowhere. Guess we'll see what happens.

I bought the game last week for $35 at Amazon, figured I'd try to grab another copy for my buddy but I'm doubting it'll happen.

Awesome. I even have tomorrow off of work. Going to have to try to get my hands on a copy. I rented the game over the weekend and I've been enjoying it more than I have any fighting game in years.

Awesome. I even have tomorrow off of work. Going to have to try to get my hands on a copy. I rented the game over the weekend and I've been enjoying it more than I have any fighting game in years.

same.. not really big on fighting games.. this one is good though.

you guys see the scorpion trailer?

That scorpion trailer is why I might try to get this game and get off my MVC3 high horse.

Already being sold out apparently, I fucking hate slickdeals. I was there as soon as the deal went up, site crashes.

Yeah. The bullshit thing is they probably allowed people to buy as many copies as they wanted. They should limit this to one per customer so allow more people to get it.

What a stupid promotion. Get the item in your cart, start checking out and the site crashes. Site comes back up and it's gone.

One or more items have been deleted or modified based on the availability.

gg.

What a stupid promotion. Get the item in your cart, start checking out and site crashes. Site comes back up and it's gone.

Same thing happened here. Takes 5+ minutes to move to any page. Gamestop is bullshit. Now it's sold out, figures.

Fuck it, you know there's an ultimate edition coming anyway.

Their Facebook page is getting slammed with angry customers. It's rather amusing.

Why is anyone even surprised? Gamestop has pulled this shit before and failed to deliver for the common folk just looking to score a copy.
But get ready for a influx of copies on Ebay and Amazon, goddamn resellers and Slickdeals are the scourge of the Internet....

Why is anyone even surprised? Gamestop has pulled this shit before and failed to deliver for the common folk just looking to score a copy.
But get ready for a influx of copies on Ebay and Amazon, goddamn resellers and Slickdeals are the scourge of the Internet....

I actually don't know who to direct my indignation at: Gamestop, or slickdealers?

I actually don't know who to direct my indignation at: Gamestop, or slickdealers?

Both? Gamestop decided to not limit the amount of copies people can buy there-forth enabling slickdealers to be dicks and screwing over people who just wanted a single copy for themselves. On top of that blame Gamestop for not allowing people who were in the middle of checking out to buy a copy and not have the game yanked out of their cart.

Both? Gamestop decided to not limit the amount of copies people can buy there-forth enabling slickdealers to be dicks and screwing over people who just wanted a single copy for themselves. On top of that blame Gamestop for not allowing people who were in the middle of checking out to buy a copy and not have the game yanked out of their cart.

Don't forget to blame yourself for getting your hopes up high enough to be that disappointed. :)

This reminds me of the Touchpad firesales that even I got caught up in. Once I realized this was slickdeal'ed, I didn't even try. Sorry for those that didn't get in, and fist pump to those that did.

Don't forget to blame yourself for getting your hopes up high enough to be that disappointed. :)

This reminds me of the Touchpad firesales that even I got caught up in. Once I realized this was slickdeal'ed, I didn't even try. Sorry for those that didn't get in, and fist pump to those that did.

____________________________________________________________________________________________^ This

I ended up running up to best buy and they PM'd the facebook page deal.

Slickdeals "users" are beyond carrion vultures honestly for the most part, it's not even just reselling there for many users, it's "how can I circumvent the rules, screw the company/other people the most to get myself a tiny bit more, and sometimes even outright be fraudulent/deceptive/etc. to get what I want?" for a good number of posters. Add in the enormous traffic they drive and if something gets posted there, it's pretty much dead within minutes.

I tried for about 5 minutes during a match of BF3 earlier and gave up.

I tried like all the others and no luck. Screw it, I'll just get the Collectors Edition

I had the product page up while it still said 59.99, and clicked add to cart right as the deal started. I also suffered the 5 minute page loads, and made it through my billing information before the page timed out. Sent back to the main page, and by then it was out of stock.

I figured this would get bombed but I had to try, anyway. I sent them a politely-worded email about the situation, and of course they refused to validate the offer, instead suggest I watch their facebook page for further promotions. So I politely responded that I certainly would not, as they insist on online-only deals, yet their website can't handle the traffic, and refuse to validate their offers. Who knows, maybe I'll get escalated to someone who's quitting/getting fired anyway, so they'll hook me up ;)

Back