Ingestible Wireless Sensors for Disease Detection

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
"Take two of these and call me in the morning," is a thing of the past. Now it is, "Swallow this Matrix-looking capsule and go sit over there by my laptop." In all seriousness, some MIT researchers have designed a semipermeable capsule that can contain genetically engineered bacteria, that can throw markers when those came into contact with blood in the digestive tract. They are theorizing that this type of technology could be adapted to all sorts of detection techniques inside the human body.

Check out the video.

MIT researchers have built an ingestible sensor equipped with genetically engineered bacteria that can diagnose bleeding in the stomach or other gastrointestinal problems.

Holy shit, they are after that data too! DAMN IT! Where does the data gathering stop!??!?! ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!

That thing is huge, I don't know how I could swallow that. But they said they are aiming to reduce size by a third.

Sounds great! I've been thinking about a similar device like this, an implant to monitor your body. I'd like have diagnostic data from my body available at all times so I could monitor myself and find out what I should change in my lifestyle and also when I may start to develop a dangerous cancer.

"contain genetically engineered bacteria" This is how the Zombie Apocalypse starts.

That thing is huge, I don't know how I could swallow that. But they said they are aiming to reduce size by a third.
GOOD NEWS! It's a suppo
RxAO29k
sitory.
RxAO29k

*Madoc plays a ukulele*
Tiny bubbles, in my brain,
Tiny bubbles, they make me sane!

When the alternative is a long long camera being shoved up your rectal track to it reaches your colon and end of your intestines.... I think you might find the motivation to swallow that pill if it has to be between those two options. Large pill or exploration via anal camera.

My response would be... Doc get me a class of water.

They have had these types of devices for a while now. I know a Dr office used something called Rapid cam that a patient swallowed and it took images of their GI track and took about 24 hours to pass. Not surprised by this nothing shockingly new to me.

They have had these types of devices for a while now. I know a Dr office used something called Rapid cam that a patient swallowed and it took images of their GI track and took about 24 hours to pass. Not surprised by this nothing shockingly new to me.
Well, this is quite a bit different than a camera. It is actually sampling as it is passing through the digestive system.

So many sides to what this tech could become.

1. DNA profiling. That alone could be a paper unto it self.

2. Instead of retrieval, why not creating something to create a chain that's specifically tailored to:
A. Deliver info to the host.
B: Full on Brainwash
3. Reprogram Host's DNA for specific tasks(pretty sure alcohol, tobacco, snack, industries beat 'em to it).
5. etc.

Honestly a lot of possibilities here, good or bad depending on point of view.

Holy shit, they are after that data too! DAMN IT! Where does the data gathering stop!??!?! ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!
At conception it starts. At birth, the next level. At death, adjustments are made for DNA that's been passed on. Depending on generations and perspective I suppose it never endsssssssssss. Oop! Ack!

Bill-the-Cat-2.jpg

Back