Infamous Driver IRQL not less or equal crash

cemster

n00b
So when I first discovered this, it was when I put my system together, I realized crashes came every two hours! I mean like a clock.. When I installed in a HDD, the blue screens started to come in every one hour! SO I realized that something to do with my HDD I assumed something to do with 64bit and X79, I dunno, I am trying to make intelligent guesses..

I just bought a 3TB Seagate driver and as soon as I installed in the crash's frequency came down to 50 minutes...

One thing I should also mention...
At the reboot state when all these crashes occurred, windows was asking me about searching for a solution and of course I was saying 'Yes! Please do!' SO after a few dozens of that it came with an answer... I know! I was shocked too... :))
So it tells me that the problematic driver is the 'Marvel 91xx' driver... But there are no updates for it...

So any similar experiences, the solutions that you had for your problem.. anything helps at this point..

Windows 7 Pro x64
Intel i73930k
Asus P9X79 WS
Corsair Vengeance (8x8) 64 Bit 1600MHz
Zotac GforceGTX 680 4 GB
Corsair AX1200i
Corsair Force GT SSD 480GB
All my other drivers are Seagate Baracuda 2 TB

Last edited:
Try an earlier driver since their is no driver updates.

Is it a marvell ethernet port or is it a marvell chip that supports extra sata hardrives on your mobo ?

If its marvell ethernet driver and if you have two ethernet ports on your mobo,, then chances are the other port is run from your intel chipset, so use that instead and uninstall the marvell driver completely.

If its for extra harddrive support, then try an earlier version of the drivers, if it still persists, clean it out and delete everything marvell and try again, still continues, then maybe try a pcie sata addon card instead.

It's the chip has something to do with all kinds of HDDs.. My both ethermet ports are the intel one..

Since then the crashed became worst and three crashed later the system stopped rebooting and got stuck in the blue screen.. So I unplugged all the sata drives and left only the SSD intact and of course there is no crashes since then...
This is a such bummer..

The marvel drives next impossible to find. This driver came from Asus side. The Marvel doesn't care and deal with the consumer... At least that's what they said from Marvel... That's also how I know there isn't a new driver...

Thank you for your replay by the way..

Marvel is shit. My onboard SATA3 marvel controller will BSOD all the fucking time. Everything is on the intel controller now.

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/marvell.htm

Near the bottom under Serial ATA and a little further down from that and named Marvell MV-91xx. 92xx, you will see two sets of whql drivers.

Versions 1.2.0 1032. And 1.2.0 1027

Try them and see if that fixes your problem.

But I have seen that irq error relate to a good few things, one was a wrong bios setting/s and on one of my pc's from amd x2 days a fuked mobo or cpu.

Or you can goto any motherboard manufacturers website and download newer or older drivers from them, as the drivers will be the same and will be wide spread amongst mobo makers, so you can try msi, gigabyte, evga, zotac and asrock, but i think asrock are the cheap arm of asus, so maybe they will just have the same downloads available.

Thank you for trying but those are not the ones that I have problem with.
Mine is Marvell 91xx Config ATA Device.
You are right about going to the source. I should go to the Asus side and ask the support people actually...

Go here

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3251#dl

Select for download type (drivers) and then (choose your operating system) and then scroll down and select marvell console driver sata 3 download.

Marvell Console Driver (SATA3) 1.0.0.1027

That should be the one, i know its not from asus but it should work as once you told me exactly what it was, i did some hunting, so try that one and see if it does the trick.

And you have a few other marvell drivers their also, mostly for raid though

If that dont help then fux noes, apart from cleaning out everything marvell including reg entries etc and trying again or formatting and reinstalling windows, i cant think of what else to do atm.

I got the info from here cuz some other ppl were having the same problem.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4d?msgId=0e5ccdfd-525c-423f-9d3c-7d326861f64a

Worst case scenario, the chip maybe damaged and on its last legs ? Which would mean rma time, if you dont get it fixed with different drivers, do a complete format reinstall of windows and see if it still hqppens, if it does then rma your mobo.

I have the same chip installed on my board, so if nothing works for you i could send you my driver version, but see how it goes with asus and the links i put up first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much indeed.. You can imagine I'm very grateful.. Since I've built this little giant It feels like I got dope wheels but ain't got no damn tires..
It's been a couple of months but I did not have enough time and energy to figure it out you know the proper research.. This is the first post I made.. Also avoided to get in touch with Asus in the first place..
I hope this is not a rma case scenario. I've lost so much time already..

Thank you again for stretching out to help a fellow sufferer ;))

I'll post back here, how I did...
cheers

One other thing, if you want, go into windows control panel, then into administrative tools and then event manager and then click on system on the left hand column.

It should then show you all the errors and causes of your crashes.

Take a screenshot of that screen, use the prntscrn button on the keyboard and then open ms paint, which you will find in the start menu and then paste the saved screenshot into it by clicking on the paste button and then save it to your desktop and upload somewhere and post a link to it here.

Only take the screenshot after your next crash, reboot the pc and then go into admin tools and event viewer.

Once done that could help narrow down the cause even further, as it will show all errors that are happening.

If my previous post helps you, then their is no need to do this.

I wanted to display what the event manager had to say about my problem, so I had to plug in the HDDs... Something just poked me and I decided to do a quick check the ASUS site and what do you know they have put several driver updates in April... Including the Marvel stuff... So I updated right away and it has been few hours and no blue screen so fare... I fell bad that I didn't even get to try on your inputs..
It shows me like a schmuck to, a bit anyway.. You know making a post getting people involved, get their time spent and in the end it turns out I didn't even needed their help! So I apologize for wasting your time and I really appreciate you coming through for me and you did that just because someone needed help, who you didn't even know... So kudos to you brother.. You are dope...

I haven't plugged the 3 TB Seagate yet. But I suspect it'll be okay.. There is an unintelligibility about one of the 2 TB Seagates.. In the opening sequence of the Wİn 7, the page displays the states of the hard drives and what not, strangely enough 2 TB one is not recognized by it. Yet it appears okay in the hard disk management page.. Also When I start Asus diagnostic tools, it recognise but gives no detailed info about the driver.. Unlike the 1 TB seagate... I also need to look into external eSata if it will work or not (it didn't before) and the two hot-plug bays Cosmos 2 has.. Before, when ever I placed a driver in it the crashes were up every ten minutes... So I'm excited to see the results, I will comeback here and report the outcome... And thank you again for your support, may the source be with you. :))
cheers

No worries dude, thats what we are all here for, to help each other.

Regardless if my suggestions helped or not, I am glad that you maybe solved the problem on your own.

Also, not sure about your motherboard, but some motherboards do not support hardrives larger than 2 gig, so if you have problems with your 3g hdd, it could be that your mobo doesnt support larger than 2g, but if you have an uefi bios it will support larger than 3gig hdds.

Anyway, glad to hear that you may be back up and running, keep us informed about how the new drivers go, fingers crossed you wont have anymore bsods. :)

Okay so I believe, I officially kicked the bsods for good... The new drivers did it. I had the computer running over for nearly seven hours without a blink with 2 TB drivers in, which were crashing the OS in two hours... So I now am running the 3 TB driver for over couple of hours now and before the update, the crash period was in minutes... So as far as Sata drivers are concern I'm great :D

Well my Mobo is an excellent Mobo if I may say so... Asus P9X79 WS is a workstation grade board with a very big appetite for OC. So I hear... :p Well, I haven't done any big rendering job yet., but I am really looking forward to it... I am also looking forward to work with After Effects loaded in 'Ram Disk'... I have all the ram in the world, I should do some good with it right?! :cool:

I will post about eSata & Hot Plugged drivers as soon as I get to it...
And I appreciate your well wishes bro...

P.S. I'm afraid there has been excessive use of smilies, I apologize for that.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back