inexpensive video camera for tv monitor

juztyn

Gawd
what would be a good video camera to use for a tv monitor? in our school, there is a smaller room next to the main room where we need to get a camera set up, but im not sure exactly what kind to get. just needs to be under $100.

You're just having it hooked up to a monitor, to view stuff? So the video quality doesn't matter that much? Get a used Hi8 or even S-VHS camcorder off ebay. Most of them have video outputs.

i thought about that, i just know some of them cut off after a few minutes even with the ac adaptor

on a lot of the camcorders if you keep the tape slot open the camera will stay on.
I've got an old Canon 8mm camera that I would sell pretty cheap since the heads I believe are bad but the camera portion works fine.
I may have some other cameras as well, just need to look through my storage stuff.
If you are interested, let me know.

WS6 said:
on a lot of the camcorders if you keep the tape slot open the camera will stay on.

Yeah, you could leave the tape compartment open and just cover it with something so the camera doesn't fill up with dust and crap.

sorry i havent got back with you. if you can check and see if the camera stays on with the tape open or whatever, we may can work out something. lmk, thanks.

Back