Inexpensive case while I wait for Fractal Define Mini?

njp142

Limp Gawd
I'm waiting for the Fractal Design Define Mini to come out in North America, but I need a case in the meantime to run my Sandy Bridge mATX build. Is there a good mATX case < $60 that I can use while waiting? It would need to fit my 160mm Corsair A70 and my 11" 6950. If the case is in this price range, I don't mind cutting the hard drive cage to fit the 6950.

If there's no good mATX option at this price, I'll probably just buy an Antec 300 and then replace it when the Fractal Define Mini finally reachs Newegg (or ++++ has some reasonable shipping costs).

NZXT Vulcan,$69.99

165mm clearance for CPU cooler, support long cards

personaly I dont think you will move to Define Mini if you have this case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146065&Tpk=nzxt vulcan3

IMG_6348_copy.jpg

Don't you have any case at all that you can use? How are you running that sandy bridge setup at the moment?

Seems to me you can use any old case, even if it means running it with the side panel off and the HDD cage removed with the HDD's resting at the bottom of the case. You would only have to put up with that for about a month until the Fractal becomes available.

Don't you have any case at all that you can use? How are you running that sandy bridge setup at the moment?

Seems to me you can use any old case, even if it means running it with the side panel off and the HDD cage removed with the HDD's resting at the bottom of the case. You would only have to put up with that for about a month until the Fractal becomes available.

I gave my old PC with an Antec Solo to my parents. I always pass-on/donate my PCs when I upgrade, so I don't have a spare tower. Right now the build is not together.

Definitely go for no case... though, if you absolutely need one, SaladDressing is good with making cardboard forms :D

I'd do the no case, but we adopted a dog last year and the dog is... not so smart

I really recommend going for no case for now and I personally like the Fractal design Arc mini than the define mini.. you should check that case out even though it really comes down to personal preference

I'd personally rather have the noise dampening of the Define Mini over the performance features (like watercooling) of the Arc Mini.

I'd do the no case, but we adopted a dog last year and the dog is... not so smart
So put the caseless system on the desk, or even higher up like on a shelf. Your dog can't be THAT BIG to reach it.

Back