Inexpensive Athlon 64 laptop with nVidia graphics?

evildre

[H]F Junkie
One of my colleagues on campus is looking for a relatively inexpensive Athlon 64-based laptop, preferably with nVidia graphics. I looked at Asus, Sager, HP, Compaq, and Acer, and all but the Compaq have "other" (ATI or Via integrated) graphics.

I'm not 100% certain about the nVidia constraint, but we use nVidia almost exclusively in the lab so I think that's what's necessary ...

that wont be happening until the turion is released. so wait a little while longer and there should be some laptops with amd + nvidia ( my favorite combo too ) ;)

palabared said:
that wont be happening until the turion is released. so wait a little while longer and there should be some laptops with amd + nvidia ( my favorite combo too ) ;)
What is the official ETA on the Turion? The guy's currently sharing a Dell Inspiron 8000 with someone who happens to be graduating at the end of this semester, and when that happens ... well, bye-bye Inspiron.

Office Depot and Staples have the Compaq R3000z on sale pretty often. I bought the one in my signature for about $725 after rebate.

You didn't say the nvidia graphics had to be good for gaming. :p The R3000z comes with a GF4 440 go 64MB (non-shared).

----
The Turion was "introduced" in January, and the only PCI-Express chipset available is from ATI (mobile XPRESS 200) which no one uses.

Back