Ineed some info on MooseModding etc

Bling

Gawd
for an asus pcdl what is needed to reach 200 fsb? i intend to use two 2.4 xeons and a gig of xms3200. what voltages/modding/settings does it need? I looked at 2cpu but the thread is over 230 pages long

Bling said:
for an asus pcdl what is needed to reach 200 fsb? i intend to use two 2.4 xeons and a gig of xms3200. what voltages/modding/settings does it need? I looked at 2cpu but the thread is over 230 pages long
Yeah, that thread over there is a little long... :(

AFAIK, the PC-DL Deluxe can't get to 200MHz and it maxes out around 165-170MHz FSB... Modding or no modding. :( That's why so many people have jumped on the Iwill DH800 wagon. However, I have to warn you that you still need to so some modding (pin, I think) before you can get to the really juicy speeds... ;)

there is a whole thread at 2cpu about ;poeple that have reached 200+ fsb

Bling, you will need 2.4/533FSB Xeon preferably M0 stepping which yield higher OCing potential. Place jumper at 3-5 location, then done! This gives you the [200-233MHz] option in BIOS.

Please refer to figure-7 in this link for further reference.

HFU

thanks dude i saw you at 2cpu forums. i really appreciate the help. I m debating wether to stay with the pc-dl or go for a dh800. I have two dangerden tdx xeon waterblocks but i dont know if they will fit. Another option for me is to buy smoe nocana. then i wouldnt have to mod them at all but i dont know if i would get the satisfaction i need. what would you guys do? and are the 64 bit extensions worth the overclocking sacrifice. By the way, Do you nknow anyone with a pair of xeons and a mobo for 800 fsb that will be replacing them with nacona? if so i mihgt buy them

We are not sure about OCability on the new Nocona 64-bit CPU until we get our hand on them. Price wise, 800FSB Nocona are inline with current 533FSB Prestonia, if you can wait on the purchase, you might as well buy the Nocona version. DH800 will support Nocona out of box, or you may want to check out Asus NCCH-DL which is soon to be released in another few more weeks.

HFU

Back