Industrial switch to be installed on factory floor

lozaning

2[H]4U
Does anyone know of a company that makes a switch that meant to be deployed in a harsh industrial environment. We need a switch that can be installed in a factory that does graphite milling so the switch cant have fans, but needs to withstand 100_ degree temps. Im looking for something that has 24 GbE ports and at least 1 fibre GbE uplinks. Have any of you guys deployed anything like this?

it would probably be best just to get a filtered cabinet for it...

then you can use any switch you'd like...

lol better get a good casing for it that has it's own cooling or else that's gonna melt lol

Moxa switches are the way to go for sure. I have seen them used in industrial freezer applications that would kill any normal off the shelf equipment.

it is cisco's industrial switch, fanless and operates from very low to very high temps and they have expansion modules to provide as many ethernet or fiber ports as you need and a DIN rail system that is apparently commonly used in industrial environments.

Moxa switches are the way to go for sure. I have seen them used in industrial freezer applications that would kill any normal off the shelf equipment.

exactly, and i doubt hp will warranty your switch every day for it breaking in condition's it's not designed for.. Cisco too.

We used Moxa switches for all of our industrial automation equipment, pretty much solely for putting PLCs to our network. I hold them in high regard. I can't say the same for Baldor. :)

Back