Indiana Jones videogame teased by Bethesda

RJ1892

[H]ard|Gawd
Looks like it will be developed by MachineGames, Todd Howard is the Executive Producer
https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1349023307228704770

1610480744800.png1610480894500.png

Could it be an Xbox/PC Exclusive since Microsoft acquired the studio? No concrete info out at this point other than something is in the works.

Last edited:
MachineGames is great, Todd Howard not so much.
I really hope it's not actually the case but I suspect another GAAS, Bethesda-launcher-locked, Denuvo-infested disappointment.

Just give me a point and click adventure that is the sequel to Fate of Atlantis with nice hand drawn art and Harrison Ford doing the voice of Indy.
I loved those games back in the day. You don't see many of them these days.

A realistic render of the 1st film would be good. like pressing the X button to avoid spiders and boulders. I think the game might have an entire fresh story unrelated to the 4 films.

I used to own the PDF of the original script for the 1st film no idea where it went.

A realistic render of the 1st film would be good. like pressing the X button to avoid spiders and boulders. I think the game might have an entire fresh story unrelated to the 4 films.

I used to own the PDF of the original script for the 1st film no idea where it went.
It was stated that the game will be an entire new story and wont have any relation to the originals. I just hope they don't do like the Crystal Skull and "Jump the Fridge".

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle- Official Gameplay Reveal Trailer

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle is set between the films Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade, with Bethesda boss Todd Howard serving as executive producer...coming later in 2024 to Xbox and PC

doesn't look terrible...could be good but the reveal didn't blow me away...looks like a combo Tomb Raider meets Uncharted...game is also 1st person with cutscenes and cinematics in 3rd person

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htGnW6YNPjs

Last edited:
Seems cool when they're showing custscenes, but the portions that appear to be gameplay look choppy. Hopefully that's just the video and/or something they can improve upon. Love the concept, though.

Looked a bit scripted, AI looked kind of dumb. The intro cutscene looked bad due to the animations. It looks "meh" to me. Interested but will have to see how it pans out.

Made by Bethesda and produced by Todd Howard? I have zero hope for this game.

MachineGames are developing it, not BGS. Though, after Wolf 2 and Youngblood that's not exactly confidence inspiring either. Hopefully it ends up being fun, but at least it'll be included with GamePass so no need to plop down full price to check it out.

MachineGames are developing it, not BGS. Though, after Wolf 2 and Youngblood that's not exactly confidence inspiring either. Hopefully it ends up being fun, but at least it'll be included with GamePass so no need to plop down full price to check it out.
Todd Howard is executive producer still.

Made by Bethesda and produced by Todd Howard? I have zero hope for this game.

it even says in the reveal video that Howard came up with the story and pitched it to Lucasfilm...can't be as bad as the last two Indiana Jones movies right?...is Harrison Ford getting paid for the game using his likeness?

it even says in the reveal video that Howard came up with the story and pitched it to Lucasfilm...can't be as bad as the last two Indiana Jones movies right?...is Harrison Ford getting paid for the game using his likeness?
One can only hope that Bethesda's own genius writer in residence Emil Pagliarulo is writing the story, it will be at the 6th grade reading level for depth and intelligence

Wolf 2 was good

Youngblood was so fucking dumb though, I hope they just retcon it as a fever dream

Also I unfortunately have little faith anyone can do this ip justice

Just give me a point and click adventure that is the sequel to Fate of Atlantis with nice hand drawn art and Harrison Ford doing the voice of Indy.

When was the last time you played it? Remember the ending?

When was the last time you played it? Remember the ending?
Its been a minute, I usually try once a year or so with my Nvidia Shield Portable with Scumm VM. The Nazi guy dies falling and then the Nazi Doctor gets transformed into a "GOD" and blows up. I bought it the say it came out at Software ETC. Man that must have been like 92 or so.

Edit : Its a damn shame this got cancelled.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxC7nQx1CDg

Just found out about this today. As a huge fan of Indy in the 80s and 90s, I'll naturally follow this out of curiosity...but I am definitely not going to get my expectations up until proven otherwise.

I played the crap out of Infernal Machine. Don't remember Emperors Tomb. For point/click, I would go back and play the Kings Quest games.

Its been a minute, I usually try once a year or so with my Nvidia Shield Portable with Scumm VM. The Nazi guy dies falling and then the Nazi Doctor gets transformed into a "GOD" and blows up. I bought it the say it came out at Software ETC. Man that must have been like 92 or so.

Edit : Its a damn shame this got cancelled.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxC7nQx1CDg

Something I’d love to see come out of all the new AI tech are ways to easily and cheaply update old games to new standards.

Fan projects like the updated Kings Quest and Quest for Glory games would really benefit from ways to get good graphics and voice overs without having to spend money or get volunteers.

I can see something that takes graphics and text from SCUMM styles games and converts to something with the quality of the above cancelled update.

Something I’d love to see come out of all the new AI tech are ways to easily and cheaply update old games to new standards.

Fan projects like the updated Kings Quest and Quest for Glory games would really benefit from ways to get good graphics and voice overs without having to spend money or get volunteers.

I can see something that takes graphics and text from SCUMM styles games and converts to something with the quality of the above cancelled update.
That woulld be nice.....I grew up playing this< monkey island(s) and Day of the tentacle. I also got The Dig on a christmas morning. I like em all.

Back