Incredible Marble Machine That Plays Music

It's like Animusic w/ a touch of "Tardis" thrown in for an organic flare.

And people say it was aliens that built the pyramids... The human brain, when unfettered with daily time consuming tasks, is able to concoct some creative ways of dealing with what may seem like an impossible task. So I guess in a way, the ancient people who had nothing but time to think would seem quite alien to "modern" man that can't think because of all the distractions. The things that would be possible if people would put down their phones, log off the social media, and stop posting on message boards... its easier said than done I suppose, seeing with what I am doing. Stuff is addicting.

I liked the sound of it but the marbles bouncing around in the background is distracting. Still amazing work though.

Ha!

I remember being a kid and being absolutely spellbound by that ATI 9700 Demo

It was absolutely awesome. I think at the time I was running an AMD 2500 Barton w/ a 9800 Pro. That thing ate up Battlefield 1942 Desert Storm like nobody's business. I don't know why I ever went back to not having a high end rig. But somewhere along the way I did. It's great having a 980 Ti and a 1440p GSYNC monitor. It's like the good ol' days giving it my all again :woot:

Awesome stuff, I would invite him to bring that beast over to my shop so I can refine the woodworking, stabilize it or even build it out of cherry or hickory.

And people say it was aliens that built the pyramids... The human brain, when unfettered with daily time consuming tasks, is able to concoct some creative ways of dealing with what may seem like an impossible task. So I guess in a way, the ancient people who had nothing but time to think would seem quite alien to "modern" man that can't think because of all the distractions. The things that would be possible if people would put down their phones, log off the social media, and stop posting on message boards... its easier said than done I suppose, seeing with what I am doing. Stuff is addicting.

Like posting on Forums ;)

I remember getting the 9700 Pro. My god that thing was awesome. Ahh the good not so old days.

I liked everything except that guy... he was very annoying/distracting

I had a clock, back in the 90's that used steel ball bearings to tell and keep track of time. With a series of motors and levers, all the ball bearings would release back into the collection pit at 12:59:59 causing a very loud noise. Needless to say, after a few times of being woke up by this, The clock was unplugged and stored in the closet. :)

Is the stringed instrument just a prop? Sounds like add-in bass guitar to me. I like how he's losing marbles during the performance.

I have the Animusic DVD in the cabinet above my head. Still gets played on repeat at Christmas time.

Dunno, the whole thing was too weird for me (maybe it was the dude). Looked like a giant marble machine somebody with too much time on their hands made with a music track playing somewhere.

Is the stringed instrument just a prop? Sounds like add-in bass guitar to me. I like how he's losing marbles during the performance.

He has a bunch of different pickups attached to that machine. From what I could see, the only sounds that were picked up by mics were from the xylophone. Everything else looked like it would be going through a synthesizer.

And yeah, I didn't see the marbles doing anything with the guitar. I think it is "played" solely by the operator.

He has a bunch of different pickups attached to that machine. From what I could see, the only sounds that were picked up by mics were from the xylophone. Everything else looked like it would be going through a synthesizer.

And yeah, I didn't see the marbles doing anything with the guitar. I think it is "played" solely by the operator.

at 1:04 you can see the marbles hitting the strings on the bass. He's doing some slide work and chord adjustments manually though.

Reactions: xorbe
like this
The things that would be possible if people would put down their phones, log off the social media, and stop posting on message boards...
There have been many 1000+ year gaps where people had no distractions. I don't recall pyramids v.2.0

There have been many 1000+ year gaps where people had no distractions. I don't recall pyramids v.2.0

Well, there hasn't been an endless supply of slaves like there was in Egypt when the pyramids were built.

Not unless you count the factories in China.. heh.

The marbles held down the strings on the fret and he plucked the strings.

I had a 9700pro but I dont remember this demo...guess high speed internet wasnt available so I would have skipped this back then...very cool. the device in real life is spiffy too

Back