Incredible has been rooted

##IncredibleRoot on freenode is where this happened, a forum thread on xda (with pics), and instructions here.

It's not too hard but it involves a lot of luck and patience. As the instructions say, this is for lucky power users. Emphasis on lucky.

This was only achieved within the last 12 hours so I'm sure in the coming days an easier method will be found.

This isn't the type of root that allows us to flash recovery ROMs yet, but root is root. :)

Last edited:
##IncredibleRoot on freenode is where this happened, a forum thread on xda (with pics), and instructions here.

It's not too hard but it involves a lot of luck and patience. As the instructions say, this is for lucky power users. Emphasis on lucky.

This was only achieved within the last 12 hours so I'm sure in the coming days an easier method will be found.

This isn't the type of root that allows us to flash recovery ROMs yet, but root is root. :)

Yep. Next is the signed bootloader which is preventing custom ROM's. Same thing plagues the Motorola Milestone which is just the GSM version of the Droid. They recently cracked the Milestone though which should allow custom ROMs.

When will companies learn that no matter what we will find a way to crack their DRM so that we can do what we want with our property.

Best news I've had all week. There are some awesome guys working hard for no pay and little recognition...

Thank you!

~Wesley

Back