Increase in 0 post new accounts

Biodune

Limp Gawd
Hi,

Has anyone else noticed the amount of 0 post month old accounts popping up in deals?

To sell yes, to spam sellers no. Usually people on the forums are pretty cool. It's just lately I'm getting hit with no post new accounts that are super pushy.

To sell yes, to spam sellers no. Usually people on the forums are pretty cool. It's just lately I'm getting hit with no post new accounts that are super pushy.

Thanks for flagging this issue. Its a sure sign that the user should be avoided.

Ive gotten some too, i just tell politely tell them that i won't sell to brand new members. They should have at least 50 posts and be a member for over 3 months (and have heatware or something)

the thread cap for selling should go towards buying also lol

LOL, I thought it did!

I lurked on this board for at least the last five years or so because of [H]ardocp.com, just wanted to start upgrading some old hardware I have since now two kids in my house are PC gamers so I got involved to get that post count. I have great eBay and am now building up my Heatware, it wasn't hard at all to hit 100 just talking about how awesome the new Doom is.

C'mon scammers, try a little harder.

It's really not hard to hit the post count needed... Just contribute to the forum in a constructive manner and you get rewarded with the ability to buy and sell.

the thread cap for selling should go towards buying also lol

Honestly, there shouldn't be a need for one.

It should be common sense to anybody trying to sell anything on these forums; do not trade with noobs unless you are willing to accept the risk of getting fucked.

Honestly, there shouldn't be a need for one.

It should be common sense to anybody trying to sell anything on these forums; do not trade with noobs unless you are willing to accept the risk of getting fucked.
Agreed. If you get an offer from a sub-50 or sub-100 post user, I would decline the offer. I mean, I guess if it's a Steam game you can trade, maybe. But maybe only take a PP Gift, Bitcoin, or a money order.

I actually encountered that the other day when someone pm'd me asking about prices and they only had 15 posts. They had good Heat and a member for years but it kind of startled me...sale went OK but we'll see in the long run.

Just because a user doesn't participate often, lurks, or doesn't sell much, if they have good heatware I say give it a shot.

Of course I say that being a bit biased on the subject :)

I won't deal with people unless:

1. They have fairly substantial Heatware.
2. A tenure at [H] that goes back at least a couple of years with a good number of posts.

Both are important but lack of #1 makes #2 a hell of a lot more important in my estimation of the person's reliability and vice versa.

Maybe that makes me a prick or anal retentive, I don't give a shit. Haven't had a bad deal yet on these forums our any forum in 15 years. Knock on wood LOL.

Back