In WoW what instances can you solo?

Shawnasee

Gawd
What instances are soloable in WoW post 3.0?

At lunch, at level 68, I took my prot warrior and went to Scholo to see what I could do.

I was able to take on five level 57+ elites at once. I got owned however when I tried to pull a named boss I had never seen before (Lord Doomwalker or something like that) who was level 60 and his friends who he brought with him, which were 6 other elites.

My question is, at level 70, what instances have you soloed?

What instances are soloable in WoW post 3.0?

At lunch, at level 68, I took my prot warrior and went to Scholo to see what I could do.

I was able to take on five level 57+ elites at once. I got owned however when I tried to pull a named boss I had never seen before (Lord Doomwalker or something like that) who was level 60 and his friends who he brought with him, which were 6 other elites.

My question is, at level 70, what instances have you soloed?

Uhh nothing cause I'd rather beat alliance ass down at battlegrounds

u can solo many level 60 instances, depending on class and encounters. certain classes can solo some of the bc instances too. and of course, things like a druid soloing ony

Only one worth soloing is Dead Strat for the Baron's mount! I haven't played the game in two years but if I ever get bored enough to buy WotLK and get to 80, I'm going right back into DS until I get the damn thing.

u can solo many level 60 instances, depending on class and encounters. certain classes can solo some of the bc instances too. and of course, things like a druid soloing ony

So, specifically, anything pre Burning Crusades is soloable?
Stratholme?
Scholomance?
Black Rock Depths?
Black Rock Spire?

What about the temple under the water? Can't remember the name.

And I would love to hear about a druid soloing Ony.

On my 70 dps warriors i can solo strath (either side) and anything lower EXCEPT scholomance. 5 total mobs make scholo impossible for warriors to solo it. those 5 mobs are physical immune and there isn't any effective method for killing them.

I have not tried soloing any BC instances yet due to the mobs damage and not having any real heals. Ramparts *might* be soloable at parts, but the boss fights would not go well.

On my 70 dps warriors i can solo strath (either side) and anything lower EXCEPT scholomance. 5 total mobs make scholo impossible for warriors to solo it. those 5 mobs are physical immune and there isn't any effective method for killing them.

I have not tried soloing any BC instances yet due to the mobs damage and not having any real heals. Ramparts *might* be soloable at parts, but the boss fights would not go well.

I am doing alright in Scholo(no bosses yet) but I have a prot warrior.

What 5 mobs are immune to physical attacks?

Ok, killed two bosses today at lunch. It went well but I got one add on the skeleton boss and Last Stand dropped and then so did I. I think at level 70 that won't be a problem.

I'm trying to remember what instances are lower than Strat.
I would hit the WoW wiki but can't access it here from work.

With my hunter + gorilidan pet i can solo all pre-bc stuff (not counting raids).... i havent tried UBRS since the nerf.... Gorilla = best tank pet he runs in thunder stomps and i just sit back and volley

i can also solo Ramps but the 2nd and 3rd boss can be kinda tricky... thats the highest one i can do solo...

It actually depends a lot on your class and spec.
I have 4 level 70s (rogue, mage, shaman, warlock) and they all can solo any level 5 man. My rogue is in BT gear (T5/6) and can have issues if he's not the right spec. My wife has a 70 druid and its world easier than any other class after the patch. Some would argue that paly's are easiest, but they are too mana defendant imo and there is a lot of downtime.

When I used to play a year back, I soloed Maraudon last boss on my lvl60 firespec mage. Or was it frost. Anyway I felt cool, Maraudon is a lvl 42-51 lvl instance. And I had a pretty shit gear :D

My Priest I can solo maybe .... SFK? Lol, mana FTL.

My Druid can solo every 5man pre-bc, and my friend and I (One of us heals, the other goes bear) can 2man just about every non-heroic dungeon. Last night we 4manned Onyxia. Was pretty easy, I think couldve cut it down to 3man easy. I could see if I was T6 on my Druid doing it 2man.

With my hunter + gorilidan pet i can solo all pre-bc stuff (not counting raids).... i havent tried UBRS since the nerf.... Gorilla = best tank pet he runs in thunder stomps and i just sit back and volley

i can also solo Ramps but the 2nd and 3rd boss can be kinda tricky... thats the highest one i can do solo...

Yes, I was told(in general chat, so take that for what its worth) that Ramps and UB could be soloed. I was 65 at the time and I got owned. At 68 not so much, but I haven't run through very far at all...no bosses.

My gear is all green atm, except for my sword, shield, bow and my trinkets so I'm definitely not getting everything out of that so I can only imagine what I can do with decent superior or epic gear.

Anyone else solo any pre bc content?

My Priest I can solo maybe .... SFK? Lol, mana FTL.

My Druid can solo every 5man pre-bc, and my friend and I (One of us heals, the other goes bear) can 2man just about every non-heroic dungeon. Last night we 4manned Onyxia. Was pretty easy, I think couldve cut it down to 3man easy. I could see if I was T6 on my Druid doing it 2man.

Wow...thats awesome.
What classes were on your 4 man team?

Only one worth soloing is Dead Strat for the Baron's mount! I haven't played the game in two years but if I ever get bored enough to buy WotLK and get to 80, I'm going right back into DS until I get the damn thing.

Yeah, for the people who really wanted that mount, they're in luck. The drop rate of that thing was reduced to I think 1 in 100. Much better than the original 1 in 5000 chance :D.

EDIT: Source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=11675537865&pageNo=5&sid=1#81

Yes, I was told(in general chat, so take that for what its worth) that Ramps and UB could be soloed. I was 65 at the time and I got owned. At 68 not so much, but I haven't run through very far at all...no bosses.

My gear is all green atm, except for my sword, shield, bow and my trinkets so I'm definitely not getting everything out of that so I can only imagine what I can do with decent superior or epic gear.

Anyone else solo any pre bc content?

maybe an 80 could solo UB or ramps but until I see a video I dont believe it

Wow...thats awesome.
What classes were on your 4 man team?

Warlock, resto druid, prot warrior, and shadow priest. We brought the priest along because we thought druid might need it for mana. We couldve cut it out. Ive also seen videos of people using warlocks to tank her, but we aren't that [H]ardcore yet so we brought a proper tank :p.

Warlock, resto druid, prot warrior, and shadow priest. We brought the priest along because we thought druid might need it for mana. We couldve cut it out. Ive also seen videos of people using warlocks to tank her, but we aren't that [H]ardcore yet so we brought a proper tank :p.

How long did it take?

So, specifically, anything pre Burning Crusades is soloable?
Stratholme?
Scholomance?
Black Rock Depths?
Black Rock Spire?

What about the temple under the water? Can't remember the name.

And I would love to hear about a druid soloing Ony.

I soloed all of those on my enhance shaman. Druid soloing ony is on youtube. People solo strath all the time to farm the baron's mount. Sunken temple is the underwater instance, very easy.

Heroic Magisters Terrace

With my lvl 20 arcane mage

hah just kidding :rolleyes:
I don't think any instances you can solo are worth anything once you're to the point of being able to solo them anyway.

i solo'ed regular ramps the other day... 70 hunter w/ a gorilla pet im not even in that great of gear an i can do it (wow armory Gewehr of Hyjal) ... my pet has 12k health and 15k armor... which is more than any level 60 tank would ever have... gorilla has an AOE thunderstop + talents for having 60% more threat... hunters also have an ice trap... so ive got CC + aoe aggro... mend pet is enough to heal him

you just run in AOE tank (maybe pull one out to ice trap on larger mobs) and then volley and multishot

if things get hairy i can feign death and let my pet die... but not before taking out 1-2 mobs making the "group" easier to take down

its slow going but possible... the last 2 bosses can be kinda tricky especially the last one (rider + dragon)... my pet died as the dragon was at around 2% but i was lucky to finish him off before he got me....

UB i dont think so.... i wouldnt try any harder than ramps till i was T5 or higher

This is all after the 3.0 Nerf where everything is SIMPLE.... im planning on 2 man ony to try... me my gorilla and a Spriest for mana + healing if needed.

stealthing through almost the entire instance is pretty hard to swallow as "soloing" the instance.

With the changes on Live, I'm bettin' a prot pally could do it. I would assume the pushback changes would help a lot.

edit: not to mention how he kinda cheeses the last boss.

soloing usually involves killing all the mobs too but i guess you can call that a solo if you want :rolleyes:

was that heroic or reg

Um if you can solo the bosses I'd imagine you can clear the entire instance but all it is is a waste of time when your D/E'ing everything for quick cash

Some would argue that paly's are easiest, but they are too mana defendant imo and there is a lot of downtime. /quote

Paladins are no longer mana dependent with the new patch. I can solo most preBC 5 man instances easily (before patch). Haven't tried anything after this new patch.

on my Prot pally 2pc t6 helm off illidan and various BT loot.[Shuffle of Stormscale-US if you wanna armory lol] I've soloed up to underbog on regular haven't tried anything beyond.
heroic trash in slave pens when everyone else died lol.

ret is so much faster to solo old instances with though but screw 50g to respec every other day, can't wait till 3.1 and the release of the dual spec thing.

was soloing trash in ZG as ret the othe rday for rep items. {the axe throwers are mean since they chain kockdown making you unable to block, dodge, parry, etc...]

Need to get you guys to help me out, I am still at 62 (don't play a huge amount) but I want to get my guy up as much as I can before the new stuff comes out. Or pay someone to level my guy lol... jking ;)

Um if you can solo the bosses I'd imagine you can clear the entire instance but all it is is a waste of time when your D/E'ing everything for quick cash

It's fun to me, or it will be, that I can go through and clear out a whole instance that use to take 5 people to do. Call it a feeling of accomplishment if you will.

Yes for most people it is technically a waste of time. However, it's fun for me, so technically, it's not a waste of time at all. :D

What else am I going to do at 70? Raid for gear that is obsolete?

Need to get you guys to help me out, I am still at 62 (don't play a huge amount) but I want to get my guy up as much as I can before the new stuff comes out. Or pay someone to level my guy lol... jking ;)

leveling was boosted. i did 65-70 in like 2 days.

leveling was boosted. i did 65-70 in like 2 days.

+1.

It took me almost three weeks to get from 60 to 65 very casual playing.

It took me 2 days of very casual playing to get from 65 to 68.

Anyone heard of Curse.com?

Their add-on Quest Helper is amazing.

haha funny that you become dependant of quest helper though.... disable it one day and watch how slow your leveling becomes. You will be standing in the middle of nowhere going... "uhhhh where do i go?"

awwwwwsome addon though :p

haha funny that you become dependant of quest helper though.... disable it one day and watch how slow your leveling becomes. You will be standing in the middle of nowhere going... "uhhhh where do i go?"

awwwwwsome addon though :p

I know! It wasn't working one day and I kept hitting Map to see where I needed to go.

Torture! :D

It's pure lazy man add on awesomeness!

Back