In Win S-Frame Open Air Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
The gang at Hardware Asylum has just published a review of the uniquely styled In Win S-Frame open air case.

In this review we will be looking at a new limited edition chassis from In-Win called the S-Frame. The S-Frame builds on a growing trend with In-Win who started releasing limited edition chassis designs each year starting with the popular X-Frame during CES 2012, H-Frame, D-Frame and now S-Frame in 2014.

Good looking case but $800 is a bit hard to swallow. I'd rather use that money to build something custom.

Any other cases that take the video cards verticle? I know about the raven but looking for others.

My two 290s in crossfire run HOT trying to drive 3 x 1080p past 60fps in BF4.

I actually liked that glass one they made, but my first thought looking at that is 'dahell?". It looks like a Transformer midway through metamorphosis.

I gotta say I'm really liking this case.. The D-Frame I wasn't really sold on - this one makes that look like a high school experiment.

The aesthetic design of this is really amazing, on par with something like the TT Level 10, IMHO. Completely different and innovative. Just as expensive too :D Think I might give serious thought to plopping down the $700-$800 for this, I like it that much.. :eek:

edit: Does anyone know when this will be available for sale here in the US? Haven't seen that mentioned in any of the articles I've read about it so far..

Last edited:
I actually liked that glass one they made, but my first thought looking at that is 'dahell?". It looks like a Transformer midway through metamorphosis.

I thought it was a transformer going into labor. I'll be honest don't know what the hell I'm looking at but I'll not have this devil's mark in my home. I saw hellraiser three and it started out with someone buying something just like this.

$800 for a case that not only does not encase your hardware, but looks like shit while doing it...

That case is beautiful. In blissful past - when I had less bills - I would have really considered buying that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPmI_79IVrM

won't dust be a serious problem? Also, do we seriously don't need any cooling fan? how many of you bought this case and like it?

And from their website, the dimension is 330 (Length, horizontal ) x 260 (width {vertical})

I have a EEB form factor which is 330 x 305, but you can there is extra space at the bottom, would it fit?

and how would you modify the case to fit an internal blu-ray burner on it?

is there any other manufacturer who makes this kind of contemporary case?

Last edited:
I'm building in one right now. I have mixed feelings. Build quality is stellar, but the cost really makes you hesitate at modifying the case.

To address some other questions: You don't put an internal drive of any sort in this case, use a USB drive when you need it and don't worry about it otherwise. Dust is an issue, but its easy to hit it with a can of air (nothing to remove to get "inside" the case). Cooling is not an issue, its not much different than using a test bench.

do you have a work in progress link?

I need a small favor, from this link:

http://nl.hardware.info/productinfo/248788/in-win-s-frame/fotos

photo 4, where the red block of USB 4.0 / On/off button on the far right, what is the gap WITHOUT this red block in cm or inch?

I need the measurement of the top, middle and bottom

also, can you loosen the screw of the red block and slide the whole red block down?

I have to use the SATA blu-ray burner, it's an import of Panasonic made in Japan. It's meant to run internal SATA , and during burning the drive has to mount w/ screw. This drive is expensive, I'm not going to get a USB conversion, as I'm concern on bandwidth burning 50GB

Have you think about drilling extra hole at the bottom to fit some 140 mm fans or even larger?

and do you think people who buy this case is doing the right thing: that they switch from no dust / air filtered case (that they don't have to clean the dust) to Open case that they have to clean the dust often?

Last edited:
Back