IN WIN Dragon Rider: Anyone Own This Case? Thoughts?

v0rtic3s

Limp Gawd
IN WIN Dragon Rider.

Does anyone own this case? If so, how is it with strictly air cooling compared to other more well-known cases?

What do people think about the fan behind the CPU/mobo? Gimmick? Or actually helpful?

Supports six 120mm fans on the side intake... really make a difference next to, say, the four 120mm fans on the HAF 932?

Two of which (on the HAF 932) I've always found to sit really low, basically just blowing on my PSU and under my GPU, which I don't think makes much of a difference.

Received a top editor's rating on Tweaktown, though I don't go to that site, so I don't know if they're trustworthy.

Also, I've on Newegg, some guy stating that full ATX boards go without 4 screws, due to the space where the CPU fan is, or some such. I don't know...

Thoughts/opinions?

I was going to buy this case but the way the USB 3.0 ports were setup turned me off. I actually like In-Win cases. I think the Mobo fan isnt necessarily a gimmick.

I settled for a midtower.

The only other thing I dont like about the case is the lack of holes on the bottom of the mobo tray so you have more options for cable routing.

I doubt the fan behind the mobo does any good, it probably just increases the noise level. But then again, this isn't a case someone wanting a quiet system would buy.

Since you like this gnarly looking case, perhaps you should buy it and post your temps/OC results with that fan on and off.

I was going to buy this case but the way the USB 3.0 ports were setup turned me off. I actually like In-Win cases. I think the Mobo fan isnt necessarily a gimmick.

I settled for a midtower.

The only other thing I dont like about the case is the lack of holes on the bottom of the mobo tray so you have more options for cable routing.

Actually, there's a large space underneath the entire mobo tray to run cables behind.

I could see the rear panel CPU fan actually having a good effect, as they claim, so I'll see.

I doubt the fan behind the mobo does any good, it probably just increases the noise level. But then again, this isn't a case someone wanting a quiet system would buy.

Since you like this gnarly looking case, perhaps you should buy it and post your temps/OC results with that fan on and off.

Actually, I did just snag one. Will be here mid next week.

The back panel fan is right behind the CPU plate, and is supposed to keep the CPU much cooler, which I could see working and not just being a gimmick, but I'll have to see. I could use some better temps since I run strictly air, and my temps have been getting too warm for my liking with the summer moving in, using the HAF 932, and the HAF-X.

I looked and then looked down at my Fractal XL. I hugged my Fractal XL.

Get a fractal XL...

It sounds insane that it would help, But honestly it does, The back side of the mobo gets quite warm, under the Proc it's hot.

It wont hurt anything to not have one, But I imagine it will help keep the case cooler, not that it needs it that case is a great air cooler it's just ugly IMO.

Back