IN WIN 904 Premium PC Case Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
IN WIN 904 Premium PC Case Review - One big sheet of 4mm rolled aluminum makes up it exterior giving it a clean sleek look. The side are capped off with a simplistic glass panel that let's you see all the good stuff inside. IN WIN's new 904 computer chassis certainly is pleasing to the eye but does it keep up with the feature set that is expected on a premium priced case?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's that "Do not want" pic again....

Anything that sacrifices function for form as much as this case does is just fail IMO. From the poor cooling (even with fans it would be a very poorly ventilated case) to the just plain idiotic rear chamber idea - what was the designer thinking? Even with AIO or custom water, you have to get the heat out of the case - resorting to external mounting on radiators defeats the retarded decisions made in asthetics in the first place. Then to top it off you get to pay over $200?

umm...does IN WIN actually claim you can / should run this case fanless? or do they say you should pick the fans you like and put them in here?

i get the thermals were poor with no fans and it didn't come with any, but I don't think anyone dropping $280 on this thing is going to go broke buying a couple case fans for it.

testing it with fans would have seemed more reasonable

perhaps inwin should put a orange sheet in the box saying "Hey buy a couple fans ..k thnx"

that is a super sexy (imho) case .. not going to buy one for $280~ but I do like the way that thing looks indeed.

seems to me the review would be better and more useful with some test with generally acknowledge as decent case fans.... Common sense suggests inwin planned for / assumed people loading this case with enthusiast class gear would spring for a couple fans of their choice rather than give it a $300~ price tag by including fans many might just discard they seem to have left it to the user to use the fans of their choice.

oh yeah P.S. if either you guys or inwin want to send me a free one of those cases... I will sent back a report of temps with a couple case fans installed :)

Last edited:
love the look but the size,price,and thermals are a big no for me. If they can make a mITX case or even a mATX with improved thermals, i would be more apt to buy it. I have an FT02 and love the clean, solid aluminum look but i think im going smaller/quieter/cooler for my next build.

I Like!

No fans really isn't an issue for me as I am going to be taking the fans out of any case I buy anyhow and replacing them with ones that aren't terrible. Price is a little high, but not as bad as the D-frame. This one might just go on my list for later this year..

I'll give them points for something interesting, even if the execution probably left a bit to be desired. I'm glad we're seeing a trend towards cases without drive bay cutouts and with easier to access fan filters.

Love the look, hate the price and reduced functionality...

Look is ok...performance is disappointing, price is not so great. All in all...I see no good reason to call this Premium. Really? Pretty sure they could do a lot better than this.

What a shame.

I really like most of this case's look and design, but it's as if someone started the design and then a different person finished it.

It would have been so simple to design the rear cover panel specifically for water-cooling.
Instead of a handful of square punch-outs at the top of the panel, they could have cleared out that area specifically for a 120mm/140mm radiator.
Include counter-sunk holes and screws to keep the back smooth or even have mounting studs on the inside for the same, then slap another magnetic filter over the opening.
Using a larger radiator would block the GPU cable area, as well as any hot air exhausting from the GPU, but adding mounting holes for a 120/140mm fan in that same area would allow you to scavenge the hot air from the GPU's and dump it out the back of that cover panel.

Even if they had water-cooling in mind, adding another inch or so to the width to allow the tallest air coolers also seems to be a no-brainer.

I hope they do a 2nd version and address those areas.

They also have an M-ATX version; the 901

What a shame.

I really like most of this case's look and design, but it's as if someone started the design and then a different person finished it.

This is exactly what I was thinking going through the article. It's a shame because the case really does look terrific. I'm going to need a good case in about 2 years so perhaps the follow up to this one will be worthwhile. But I'm sorry - for $280 you can include two nice fans.

Thanks for the great review, [H].

Cant see myself getting a case with an elaborate cutout for a disc drive I wont ever use.

The price. Yikes.
The thermals. Yikes.

Looks like they tried to do a modern spin of an older basic Lian Li full aluminum case and damn near tripled the retail price.

Thanks for the great review.

I bought it. Returned the first one due to some hairline circular scratches in the glass. Upon getting a second one I found that this must be due to the buffering/polishing process. You can actually see some circular streaking on the glass. Leftover polish maybe? It wipes off, so no biggy. I found the same hairline circular scratches in a couple of places on the new one. Not as bad though, and you can really only see them when shining a flashlight against the glass. My guess is that during manufacturing they take a motorized polisher/buffer to the glass. Perhaps a piece of dirt gets trapped between the pad and the glass which leaves the potential for some scratching. For anyone considering this case, keep that in mind.

The case itself is gorgeous. Super thick brushed aluminum that contrasts with the tinted side panels really nicely. Makes my Corsair 600T look and feel like a chinsy piece of garbage. Can't wait to do a build with it.

Just a heads up. Microcenter has since marked this case down even further. It's now $179 after $20 MIR. Sucks that I missed the rebate, but I'm hoping I can go back and get $20 back since I paid $220 just last week.

This is a beautiful case... If I was designing a case I'd make it look like this. Just pulled the trigger.. $180 from microcenter, picking it up later today.
Thanks for the review and the heads up about microcenter, I guess the MiR ends in a few days.

mUsfOroYm3r_x1Q7bro9fG4j7bPnsKbo1-Hzs3Rd-rg-1.jpg

I wish there was a little more room behind the motherboard tray, think I need to get a modular PSU. I bought a Antec Kuhler, yet to install. The pics don't do it justice, this is the nicest case I've seen..

I know this thread is almst a year old but... I just got this case. And I have to say I am in awww. it is amazing, sexy, and so many other things.

I am dealing with the PSU thing but I ordered a AX760 that will fit and selling my RM750 because it wouldn't :( oh well case is total worth it.
Nice review and agree with almost every part of it

Back