In the top 200, what what.

tsuehpsyde

Supreme [H]ardness
:p

Idunno, getting into the top 200 felt like an accomplishment. Rank 199 and on the rise, and with the addition of my (recently lidless) 165, nothing can stop me. :cool: Not even Moose. Top 100, here I come!

tsuehpsyde said:

Idunno, getting into the top 200 felt like an accomplishment. Rank 199 and on the rise, and with the addition of my (recently lidless) 165, nothing can stop me. :cool: Not even Moose. Top 100, here I come!

good job dude...make sure to watch out for moose droppings when you get close to passing him :)

FOR THE HORDE

Im getting ready to get into the 800's and Im pretty happy about that

I got a ways to go before I get in the 200's......but Im coming so watch out..:)

Good job! Now you're getting to the hard part... Takes a long long time to get from top 200 to top 100... even 150 takes a while. Good luck! :)

tsuehpsyde said:

I've been working my way for a while to the same spot and then you had to blow by me and push me back down...

But I'm still holding off peck22...for now....

Congrats! Always room for one more upstairs.

Heck, the way power bills are around here, it might be MY spot you take. :eek:

But first, I need to set the bar at 1.5 million. Give you something to shoot for.

:D

Duster said:
what took u so long

2nd'ed, and those of us in the top 100 will be waitin! :p

Congrats though. :D

Strikemaster said:

Heck, the way power bills are around here, it might be MY spot you take. :eek:

But first, I need to set the bar at 1.5 million. Give you something to shoot for.

Power bill issue is awful, as we have discussed. Something in my mind is preventing me from doing the $ per point calculation, I think it will be a scary number for sure

BillR said:
Power bill issue is awful, as we have discussed. Something in my mind is preventing me from doing the $ per point calculation, I think it will be a scary number for sure

Spoken as truth. I have that goofy Kill-A-Watt clone running on half the farm (the slower half), and right now, I'm not sure I want to get into eyeshot of the thing.

Ahh, what the hell, it's only a bullet. :rolleyes:

Must. Reset. That. Damn. Thing. $12 per month per machine, according to the calc.

Something is Not Right.

Tsue, you *really* want this spot? :D

Strikemaster said:
Um... No... By definition, there isn't any more room in the top 100 :p

But you can try anyways ;) Probably beat me in, anyways...

unhappy_mage said:

What do you mean...I moved in there last week and am even up to #95.... :D and moving up every day :cool:

I too got into the top 100 within the last couple weeks.

Its damn hard to get here, and took a long time.

Now if I can just hold on!

unhappy_mage said:

Try not! Do, or do not. There is no "try". --- Yoda

sawatt said:
What do you mean...I moved in there last week and am even up to #95.... :D and moving up every day :cool:
So someone else got bumped out. All I meant is there aren't more than 100 people in the top 100 :p

But I say we break that record! :D

I had under 100K when I first got into the top 100(2-3 years ago, I can't even remember when I started), and have clawed my way into the top 50 a few months ago. The comp is quite fierce up here. Borging is important if you want a low(er) power bill.

If you think getting to the top 200 was hard, just wait until you get to the top 150. I've been pulling every dirty little trick I know just to keep my spot for the most part and I'm only at 141 (soon to be 142).

I might have a chance at 140 in the next couple of weeks but I'm not betting on it. If only I had been able to get that dual core Opty like I had planned. Then I'd be doing okay for the moment. Anyway, I will find a way to climb some more. It may take me a while but I will get there. I am still going to find a way into the top 100 damnit.

BillR said:

Yeah, I really don't want to do this either, now that I have my own place and am paying Niagara Mowhawk to run my farm. I miss the old days of "free" power at school.

Though look at it this way. If you're gonna spend the money, and you're dumping power into some older POS, you can sorta maybe slightly rationalise an upgrade into dual core land :p

I just finally made it into the top 1000, this thread makes me sad.

tdg said:
I just finally made it into the top 1000, this thread makes me sad.

i just broke top 900...i feel you :( and about power....as soon as i have money...i am TOTALLY going solar panels at my house to run my farm :D i just need to refi first :rolleyes:

FOR THE HORDE

roftranspo said:
i just broke top 900...i feel you :( and about power....as soon as i have money...i am TOTALLY going solar panels at my house to run my farm :D i just need to refi first

FOR THE HORDE

Yeah, and you just pased me :eek: ..I need to pick it up a bit..:)

I just brought two more boxes online.....Im gonna make a charge for you :) :)

Its on like Teflon........

Good job!

1 more week and I should have my farm back up and going. That reminds me...I need to schedule the internet install...Some people. Gods. Rack #1 gets installed this morning. I should find a way to borg the phone system. It's a 19U and takes up my rack space. At least my ceiling is 10ft high so that I can stack the single boxen on top of the racks. I had them pull 90a in 120w's and another 30w in a 220w outlet for me. Power is NOT going to be an issue. I am worried about the noise and heat. I do know that I have 165cfm of cold air coming into the room, but I doubt it's enough. Btw...The old farm pics are now about 2/3's of the number in the farm now.

About one week for me to go to the top 200. From there, it'll be a long, hard journey up the ranks...

I have been fighting and will be #41 in a couple of days. i hope to be in the top 30 in the next 2 weeks or so:)

Penguincomp said:
Took me a month or two to get from 200-100.

What's the holdup Juiceprude? Are ya slow?

I don't have my FX-57 dual-core to help me get there.

It took me ten months to get to #338 at Team33. Going strong with six of my own computers. I've not been able to do any borgs.

Ranked something like # 5600 worldwide.

Power bill is not too bad. Nothin to complain about, but maybe I will this summer when the air conditioning is running.

My goal is to break the top 200 here at the [H]orde.

Thanks to our heavy lifters, as well as the rest of us grunts.

edit / corrected my team rank [poor memory]

1 more day to break into the top 200....

I just need to start borging now if I plan on going anywhere - but they just installed a program here at work to turn the computers into a render farm when not in use, so there goes some borg possibilities...

But my 9 computers in my room are going strong and heating it up too much. Hopefully I won't have to cut back this summer...I do want to replace some of the crappers with dual cores though - but then again, I need a new car too...so I'm scrapping and saving there.

Top 200...here I come :)

its impossible to ever have enough computers folding... Im currently in the top 20 producers for team 33 but I still feel as though im not producing enough and there are no more computers around to borg :(

Back