In the mood for a racing game: Forza 7 or Forza Horizon 3?

dmoney1980

Gawd
It's been ages since I played a racing game (Forza 2 I believe). I have a beefy pc hooked up to an 4k LG oled TV, and am looking to get either Forza 7 or Forza Horizon 3, both are on sale now on the MS store.

I've read that HDR is missing from Horizon 3, which is very disappointing to hear. Is the HDR capability in F7 worth it to skip Horizon 3? How do graphics compare between both games? Also, which game is more fun? I'm a casual gamer these days so a pick up and play game is more my style.

Thanks in advance!

Horizon = open world
Forza Motorsport = "real world" circuit racing

There are more differences than just that, but that's the fundamental difference. Horizon 3 is a very arcade-y game where you drive around a fictional Australia and find racers (either AI, or real people sometimes) and events just sitting there for you. Forza Motorsport 7 is the more traditional "simulator" (as far as FM is a simulator) game where you race on mostly real world and real-world-ish circuits.

Before you commit to either, and since it seems like you are on a PC, I would try Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, which is free.

^ yup try apex. there are also demos of FM7 and FH3 to try before you buy. see which you like better.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I tried both and definitely prefer FH3 style of gameplay.

Forza horizon 3 is the only racing game ive ever finished.

the HDR on the 4k OLED seems to dim the entire screen wayy too much for me though, not sure if you ran into that.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I tried both and definitely prefer FH3 style of gameplay.
Glad our suggestions helped.

Just my opinion, but I would not pick up the DLC until you're finished with the initial map.

Back