In the market... SLI-Ready?

Think

Weaksauce
Hello [H]ardForum,

I'm in the market for some new memory. I'm aiming to be as budget-minded as an enthusiast can be, while getting something that actually works (for once). My last 3 kits were G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK, all of which have died on me. None were overclocked, and I'm sick of playing Russian Roulette with them.

Anyway, as I've been browsing around, I'm noticing that SLI-Ready memory is much more affordable now than when I originally purchased the G.Skill memory. I've been reading up a bit on Enhanced Performance Profiles and the "SLI-Ready" tag, but I'm still wondering if I should spend roughly $50 to $60 US more for SLI-Ready memory. In the future, I would like to get another 7950GT to run an SLI rig, so since I want to set that up sometime, is SLI-Ready memory a necessity?

For reference:
e6400
EVGA 680i
7950GT x 1

Edit: Kits I've been looking at...
SLI-Ready: Patriot eXtreme Performance
Kingston HyperX
Corsair XMS2 Dominator
Non SLI-R: Transcend

SLI has to do with Video cards. In that newegg link the only mention of SLI I found was with the motherboard that can be bundled with the memory.

I confused :confused:

Wait I see the SLI emblem on the package. I'm not up to date on memory, but is this just a marketing ploy?

the 'SLI-ready' is a load of marketing bollox,

go get some guaranteed D9s - OCZ's 8500, or any of the crucial ballistix range (I got pc6400 kit - not in the same price bracket as OCZ 8500s but not dirt cheap either), and they clock very well.

the 'SLI-ready' is a load of marketing bollox,

go get some guaranteed D9s - OCZ's 8500, or any of the crucial ballistix range (I got pc6400 kit - not in the same price bracket as OCZ 8500s but not dirt cheap either), and they clock very well.

Agree that~

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820231065

Those G.Skill set is rock... that I almost get last week... I ordered Crucial set (link from 5aboy) from mwave, and it seemed sold out...
[http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1199660]

Back